Buying a 2009 Mazda6, and need advice

tivoli

I'm looking at an offer from a Certified Pre-Owned dealer for a 2009 Mazda6 i Sport with 22,000 miles and manual transmission for $13,000. CARFAX is clean, and the only cause for concern is that it was a corporate vehicle, bought from an auction, and has been on the market for 3 months. KBB certified pre-owned value for this car is $16,500, and I am trying to figure out the reason why this car is being sold $3,500 cheaper. I came up with a list of possible reasons for the price drop:

1. Manual transmission - everyone wants an automatic, although I prefer manual.
2. Standard trim - no luxury features
3. Noone wants to buy it since it was a corporate vehicle with no maintenance records. Is this a cause for concern in your opinion? Keep in mind that the car has only 22k miles. Is there a way I can determine if the car was driven recklessly or not maintained properly?
4. Dealer said that this car went through a 105 point inspection and is thus "certified" but I am still skeptical. Other potential buyers might have uncovered problems when taking the car for an inspection.

What do you think? Is this a good price? Should I negotiate for a lower price? Is this a risky deal in your opinion? Any suggestions are welcomed as I have no experience with Mazdas.

Thanks.

I'm looking at an offer from a Certified Pre-Owned dealer for a 2009 Mazda6 i Sport with 22,000 miles and manual transmission for $13,000. CARFAX is clean, and the only cause for concern is that it was a corporate vehicle, bought from an auction, and has been on the market for 3 months. KBB certified pre-owned value for this car is $16,500, and I am trying to figure out the reason why this car is being sold $3,500 cheaper. I came up with a list of possible reasons for the price drop:

1. Manual transmission - everyone wants an automatic, although I prefer manual.
2. Standard trim - no luxury features
3. Noone wants to buy it since it was a corporate vehicle with no maintenance records. Is this a cause for concern in your opinion? Keep in mind that the car has only 22k miles. Is there a way I can determine if the car was driven recklessly or not maintained properly?
4. Dealer said that this car went through a 105 point inspection and is thus "certified" but I am still skeptical. Other potential buyers might have uncovered problems when taking the car for an inspection.

What do you think? Is this a good price? Should I negotiate for a lower price? Is this a risky deal in your opinion? Any suggestions are welcomed as I have no experience with Mazdas.

Thanks.

Great car and price if you ask me.
With those low miles, you have nothing to worry about, as long as it hasn't had a major accident and undergone major repairs.

With a clean carfax, and those low miles, sounds like a steal. I'd take it to a mechanic of your own to look it over (or do it yourself). If it all checks out and drives well, get it.

Back