Driver's side mirror vibrating and shaking RAPIDLY!

mike786

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ out Tech Package
Hello i have a black grand touring without the tech package.

When i got my car i noticed when im on the freeway or even fast city driving (40 mph +) my drivers side mirror was shaking rapidly! And as time went on it got worse and worse while my right mirror was COMPLETELY still and perfect, and when i played music (volume 20+) it would shake even more! I was not happy with this problem because visibility was not clear when trying to change lanes. I took it back to the dealer i bought it from and he test drove my car an told me it was just NORMAL. bulls*** this is not normal! He took me on a test drive with another CX-5 on their lot and it was doing the same thing. I was very angry because they wouldn't fix the problem claiming it was normal! I took it again to the dealer thats closer to me and they looked at it, and said okay we saw the problem and ordered me a new mirror. 3-5 days the part came and it was installed in a couple hours.

Just got my car back yesterday from the dealer and I'm still noticing that the mirror is shaking even this new one that they have installed! Its certainly not as bad as my previous mirror but it is shaking alot when im driving over 45mph and i have my music on too as well so its even worse! I have no idea why mazda has these bad parts! MY RIGHT SIDE MIRROR IS PERFECT NO MATTER HOW FAST IM GOING OR HOW LOUD MY MUSIC IS, ITS PERFECTLY STILL....

Is anybody else having this problem? What do you think i should do now?

There is a tsb that will be coming out for this problem. As of right now, there is no fix yet.

Mine shakes but not too bad, I am going to leave it alone. I heard the replacement shakes even more then the original.

I have this problem and reported this during my 1st dealer visit.

The service guy says "this is due to additional mirrors (1.5 inch circulars) attached to main mirror.
I reply: "driver's side mirror does not vibrate and this was happening before small mirrors were attached"
Service guy: "We will not repair it, this is how our product has been designed" (boom01)

I am serious - per this dude this mirror vibration has bee designed by Mazda. This was my first and last visit to this place.

gova - At minimum get a new SA (service advisor), once you find a good one stick with that one exclusively.

I have the exact same issue with my 2014 CX-5 Touring and both Mazda customer service and my dealer decline ownership of the problem. Although the 2013 model have already issued a TSB (Bulletin No: 09-002/13) they act like it's tottaly new from them. To make the matter worst, C.S. stated that "The dealership technician determined that your vehicle was operating within the manufacture specifications and operated similarly to other same year and model vehicles from their inventory." so...it's final...it was design to shake. In TSB it's stated that the problem it's caused by "wind pressure" and the fix is fix is "new reinforcement onto the side impact bar-lower and door panel to increase rigidity of the door panel where the power door mirror is located". We will see how soon this will be corrected for the model year 2014.

Thanks.

My 2013 Touring has no problems with hood, or mirrors, but if this is how they are going to stand behind their product I will be looking for another brand when my lease expires.

A weak service advisor can create a bad impression of dealer service, for any automaker.

After having its first year service, my dealer told me the mirror problem of CX5s would be mended when they get the parts. He implied new mirrors. The good thing is that I have never complained about the mirror.

The mirrors and hood on my July delivered CX5 don't have mirror shake that I can see, or bonnet vibration again that I can see while driving.

Having said that as yet I haven't gone over 85mph.

The mirrors and hood on my July delivered CX5 don't have mirror shake that I can see, or bonnet vibration again that I can see while driving.

Having said that as yet I haven't gone over 85mph.
If you've got the shake, you don't need to go that fast to see it. Above 60ish is enough. Having said that, it doesn't bother me

Back