Eibach Springs - Ride Quality

inspekt

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT, 2003 Protege5 MT
Can any of you out there who have Eibach springs on your 2 speak, in detail, to the ride quality when paired with the OEM shocks? Thanks!

I have the Pro Kit, not sure if there's a Sportline setup for our cars or not. OEM shocks/struts are the only option for us until Corksport comes out with theirs.
Ride quality is just fine. It's not harsh, it's not bouncy, it's a good ride. It won't kill you on long trips. It's a very comfortable ride. Compared to stock, it is just more solid, not as sloppy. Obviously, some more aggressive dampers would be great but in the mean time it's a good solid ride of DD use, long trips, whatever. No complaints here and I've have mine on for 8 months and almost 8000 miles.

This might be a dumb question, but does that affect your MPG?

I'm definitely no engineer, but my impression is that whenever you can remove or reduce weight transfer in the opposing direction of your intended movement, your power transfer/application is, in effect, more efficient and direct. I doubt you would notice any palpable increase in mpg, but I can't really see a significant way in which it would be detrimental.

Well I didn't have my car stock height long enough to know if it affects my mpg. It does bring the car down which might alter my aerodynamics some, but I'm no engineer and am not even going to try to figure out calculations for that. I did see a thread back when I have my 08 Civic SI that someone tied with Eibach drove a certain route in Cali, filling up before hand, then that night installed a Pro kit and drove the same route at the same time of day the nearly exact way (also used same pump at same gas station) and their results was 3mpg increase. Take with that what you want but adding the springs shouldn't hurt your mpg.

I have the Pro Kit, not sure if there's a Sportline setup for our cars or not. OEM shocks/struts are the only option for us until Corksport comes out with theirs.
Ride quality is just fine. It's not harsh, it's not bouncy, it's a good ride. It won't kill you on long trips. It's a very comfortable ride. Compared to stock, it is just more solid, not as sloppy. Obviously, some more aggressive dampers would be great but in the mean time it's a good solid ride of DD use, long trips, whatever. No complaints here and I've have mine on for 8 months and almost 8000 miles.
+1

Yep, they're pretty good. They will be even better when corksport releases their adjustable shocks.

yeah I've been watching that "Interest thread" CS started (March maybe?) def waiting to see what they come out with.

btw, how are you getting 38 MPG? I don't red line all the time...geeesh....

It gets in the high 30's all the time, and if I'm really, really easy on it I can get into the mid 50's. Most of the time it's around 37 or 38. 98% of my driving is rural so I guess that's why..haha

Wow, 50's!? you must mean 40's... I might try to get 50's my next tank. hah
I average 38.5mpg but 33mpg if I'm a little reckless having fun. lol

Back