iPod suddenly stopped playing, but still have screen controls

vmallder

:
2013 CX-5
Hello,

I have CX-5 Grand Touring with the Tech Package. I have owned it happily for about 4 weeks now, and have been playing my iPod constantly through the USB connection inside the armrest without any problem. However, yesterday morning, when I started the car, the screen said it was reading the iPod, then it displayed the song that was supposed to be playing automatically - but it wasn't playing. I was still able to navigate through all the iPod control screens, but even when I press the play/pause button, it won't play. I saw a similar post on Edmunds.com. Apparently someone else has had this problem as well, but I haven't gotten a reply back from that person yet, so I thought I would post here and see if anyone else has had this problem. I have read the owners manual and it has no useful information on troubleshooting. I have also tested my iPod itself, and it still plays just fine when not connected to the car.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it fixable without having to visit the dealer?

Thanks,
Valerie

Never had that issue with my CX-5 yet, but I did have that issue with an aftermarket JVC head unit in my old car--it would work fine, I could navigate, but the sound wouldn't come out. Resetting the iPod (holding down the center and play buttons until the apple logo showed up--it's an old iPod) seemed to fix it.

I would do this while the iPod was plugged in, and sometimes the sound would come back. Sometimes I would have to unplug and plug it back in, but it always worked eventually. What kind of iPod are you using?

Wow, thanks. That's a great idea. Since nothing had changed with the iPod, all I did was check that it was still working. I didn't think about resetting it. I'll give that a try when I get out of work. Thanks! I have the second (or maybe the third?) generation iPod Nano.

Hi Again, Thank you so much for the suggestion to reset my ipod! After I figured out how to reset it, it actually worked! It's kinda funny, until this happened, I didn't realized how much I disliked listening to the radio! Thanks again!

Take care,
Valerie

oh, I found out that I have a 5th generation ipod!

Back