Show me your CX-5 wheels

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428396069.889774.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1428396087.811546.jpg

Last week the TSW Sochis 20x8,5 ET 40 and the Eibach kit installed !

Verzonden met Iphone 5S

Last edited:
Got my 20's installed along with the Eibach ProKit springs:

P3170867.jpg

P3170908.jpg

P3170919.jpg

Wheels are CSA Emotion (which are basically a Vossen CV5-style wheel without the exorbitant cost) in 20x8.5 et35 (F) and 20x9.5 et45 (R). Tyres are Achilles Desert Hawk UHP in 245/45r20 (F) and 275/40r20 (R).

I went with a staggered setup mainly for looks, but I'm happy with the ride and handling as well. Ride quality is very close to standard, with excellent small-bump compliance thanks to the progressive rate springs, while larger bumps (such as speed humps) are handled with slightly more firmness but certainly not uncomfortably. There is marginally more road rumble than before, but that's probably down to my choice of tyres versus the stock Toyos, which are more comfort oriented.

The big difference is in the handling, which feels much flatter through turns and under brakes, while also providing noticeably more lateral grip. I was initially concerned that a staggered setup may result in excessive understeer, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all. I even tried to provoke understeer by pushing it hard through some tight turns, and the handling remained well balanced. Overall the car feels more planted on the road and encourages you to have a go through the turns, which is great fun.

Of course the main reason I bought the wheels was for looks, and I am quite pleased with the way it has turned out aesthetically. The wheel design is quite conservative, but the fat rear stance gives it an aggressive edge that helps it to stand out from the sea of skinny-wheeled CX-5s. I'll post some more pics when the weather improves (it was dark and overcast when these were taken).

Anyone know if going a staggered setup like this effects the AWD system? Even if tyres on both axles calculate to be the same rolling diameter?
Or any effect on the wheel speed sensors? Therefore TPMS?

Anyone know if going a staggered setup like this effects the AWD system? Even if tyres on both axles calculate to be the same rolling diameter?
Or any effect on the wheel speed sensors? Therefore TPMS?

If the tyres are the same diameter, there should be no effect on the AWD system or TPMS as they work off relative rotational speeds. Based on my experience with a staggered set up, I have had no problems with either system.

That was my other guess. :) I tried searching for it myself, but could not find it. It's not AutoExe or Knight Sport. It's most likely a Japanese brand as the CX-5 in the photo is located in Japan. If you do find it please post it.

no, as in ground effects kit? lol. body kit, aero kit, lip kit etc...

Looking good man! How are you finding the ride/handling of the Eibachs? Did you measure the drop?

Good Thanks ! Driving straight away on asphalt is very much the same, however, when thresholds you notice the bump through the rear axle which has become shorter or what ...... in curves is the car become much tighter. I am satisfied because the body is in harmony with the wheels and the fenders! The reduction is currently about 2.5 cm, exactly as Eibach specify!! Maybe the suspension is going down al little 0.5 cm after awhile..............I don`t know........

Good Thanks ! Driving straight away on asphalt is very much the same, however, when thresholds you notice the bump through the rear axle which has become shorter or what ...... in curves is the car become much tighter. I am satisfied because the body is in harmony with the wheels and the fenders! The reduction is currently about 2.5 cm, exactly as Eibach specify!! Maybe the suspension is going down al little 0.5 cm after awhile..............I don`t know........

Good to know! Thanks for the information.

Have you or "good thanks" fixed the headlight leveling issue post Eibach installation? This is the only detail that is truly preventing me from pulling the trigger on the set of springs.

I'm not very savvy when it comes to tinkering with cars and the mention of adding washers and spacers earlier kind of turned me off. Is this something that's easy to do?

OK ! The automatic headlight adjustment is automatic 2.5 cm lower after instaling the Eibach set, you don't have nothing else to do, to uninstall the standard springs it was needed to make this automatic adjustment briefly, after that install the leveler again, turn securing it, done!
I have tested the CX-5 at night on the highway and had no signals that the lights would be too high.....

Does anyone know what's the biggest spacer I can use on stock 19" mazda6 sport rims?

I maybe wrong, but I think front 40 and rear 50..............(boom03)

Oops, sorry, now I see that these options are not for Mazda6, but for CX-5.......

Last edited:
Thanks. 255 / 45, 20 x 9.5, 35 offset. Tires are obviously directional. I recently, mistakenly, rotated them against their "direction,"

Last edited:
Nice rims ! There is an arrow on the outside of the sidewall on each tyre, so you can easily see if the tyre is directional or the omni-directional.........................
If I looked good, the right-back tyre is mounted wrong....or ?

Last edited:
Just got the new wheels on my wife's ride.

20x8.5" Niche M131 Targa Silver (+40) with 245/45/20 General G-Max

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_4479.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

Back