Show me your CX-5 wheels

TSW Donnington 22x9.5 265/35/22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0950.jpg

IMAG0949.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

wow that is sexy!

could you give a little more info on your exact set-up and how they ride compared to the 19 inch stockers? i'm thinking of buying one of these trucks in the near future and would love to throw a set of these bastards on there. anything special hub centric rings or spacers and any rubbing going on?

RX-8 Wheels

Hey guys,
I just put RX-8 18s on mine. I saw a couple people were wondering what they would look like, so here you go.
Tires are BF Goodrich 245/55/18. They transferred over the TPMS but had to replace the valve stems for some reason. Also, the caps from the CX5 are a little smaller so I had to use the caps from the RX8 wheels.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 31,325
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 3,324
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 2,812
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 2,931
Last edited:
Nice to know Mazda wheels are interchangable with the CX-5. Those 18's look OEM.

Look's good.
But are there any damages on the front wheels ( photo 4 ) ?
On a german or dutch Mazda site i came across RX8 wheels, with the 10 tiny holes closed by welding or body filler.
Before repainting them ( Black or Anthracite )

I don't think there is any damage, maybe a light mark or two. I think the rest is grease I hadn't cleaned off yet.

Does font have the stock size aftermarket rims, found a website and just saw 2 sets of 15's

Are you referring to my own Font Motorsports website? The site is not done yet so it's not populated with all the products I sell. :) It's not even supposed to be visible yet. Gotta fix that asap!

If the stock sizes are 17x7.5 and 18x8 then I can get plenty of wheels in those sizes. Just let me know which ones you like and I'll get you a quote.

TSW Donnington 22x9.5 265/35/22 Yokohama Parada Spec-X

IMAGES REMOVED

could you give a little more info on your exact set-up... anything special hub centric rings or spacers and any rubbing going on?

Those do look nice, I'm interested to know if the 9" Wides rub and how you like them so far.
Do you have an issue with the speedometer (should be 1.958% too slow)

EDIT: I was thinking about a similar wheel set up with 245/35R22 so the speedo would only be 0.041% too slow and a lighter tire to reduce some un-sprung weight.

Best,

David

Last edited:
Are you referring to my own Font Motorsports website? The site is not done yet so it's not populated with all the products I sell. :) It's not even supposed to be visible yet. Gotta fix that asap!

If the stock sizes are 17x7.5 and 18x8 then I can get plenty of wheels in those sizes. Just let me know which ones you like and I'll get you a quote.

I'm interested in something like Andy posted black with prominent spokes but in factory size so not worrying about performance changes

wow that is sexy!

could you give a little more info on your exact set-up and how they ride compared to the 19 inch stockers? i'm thinking of buying one of these trucks in the near future and would love to throw a set of these bastards on there. anything special hub centric rings or spacers and any rubbing going on?

Thanks for the complements!

Fortunately I haven't noticed a disconcerting change in the ride comfort. Slightly firmer ride then before, but if the roads where you will be driving are well maintained then you got nothing to worry about. I personally think its still much better then my previous 2 door sports car.

The recommended tire/wheel combo by TSW was 265/30/22, but I wanted a little more side wall for look and comfort so I went with 265/35/22. As for rubbing there is none, but at full tilt it is very close. The wheels were basically plug and play, no spacers or rings required. Actually... I just noticed that I made a mistake with the width of the wheels as it should be 22x9 not 22x9.5...

Another big thing that people worry, as I have myself, is the MPG. After driving around I only lost 0.5 in the city and 4 in highway. I did, however, compensate for the heavier wheels by accelerating a little slower and driving with hypermiling concepts in mind. It kinda serves as a dual purpose as now other drivers can enjoy the wheels with me a little bit longer when starting from a stop hahaha :)

Last edited:
Those do look nice, I'm interested to know if the 9" Wides rub and how you like them so far.
Do you have an issue with the speedometer (should be 1.958% too slow)

EDIT: I was thinking about a similar wheel set up with 245/35R22 so the speedo would only be 0.041% too slow and a lighter tire to reduce some un-sprung weight.

Best,

David

David,

Happy to report that I have absolutely no regrets thus far! I checked the speedo with a gps and it showed me being off by about 2 mph. However, the gps isn't very accurate so I don't know the exact changes that have incurred since the swap.

I also have considered going with 245/35/22 but I wanted to retain as much sidewall as possible. 265/35/22 is the max you can have without any rubbing issues. Also, I don't know if this will be a problem for you, but the tire selection for 245 was limited to one choice for me while 265s had six.

Borbet LV5 8 x 18"

I think the CX-5 needs a multi spoke wheel.
On my pearl white, the dark Borbets look the best.

The stock 17" will be used for winter tires.
Thinking of spraying them black or anthracite.

Gr. Karl

Last edited:

Gr. Karl

Nice. This is pretty close to what I'm planning to do. Dark spoke 18's with different offset, and 17's for winter... either paint/plasti dip the stock set, I might just pick a cheap set of 17s and sell the stock rim/tire set.

Gr. Karl

I agree, especially with white exterior and all the contrasting black trim (and very little bright trim). I will probably have my stock 19's refinished in black or anthracite.

Back