Show me your CX-5 wheels

If your car was anything but silver I would say try to paint them to match the wheels. Since your car is silver, leave the caps alone, it will look good. You can always go back and change them later.

18" RX-8 wheels!! My CX-5 is Liquid Silver! I forget the exact color name! Graphite! What do you think,paint the centercaps (duplicolor) or ,maybe black or leave them silver?
Black maybe, but I would probably paint them graphite/anthracite.

20130505_210719_zps34747370.jpg

I think it looks excellent. The center cap gives a unique contrast to the darker wheel, kind of like a negative effect. Those wheels are a huge visual upgrade over the 17's.

I don't think they look tiny or ugly. That being said, I am really surprised how every wheel looks not as good as the stock wheels to me. I am usually all about switching out for black wheels and thought they would look really good on the silver, but oddly enough, it seems that every shade darker than the original looks bad to me. It brings the eye down to the lower portion of the car, and IMO, the top (body) of the car is so gorgeous that I don't want to detract the attention away from that. Oddly again is that I only feel this way about the silver CX-5. Black wheels look great on the white and red version.

Tampa that's a sick set up and nice rim choice. I should have opted for 10's instead of 8's when i got my tires/wheels.

Thanks guys! I like them better than the factory rims! Snowie,they are a General G-Max AS-03! 235/55/18

hey guys and gals, this is my 1st post on the site!
just got a cx-5 last thursday(5/2/13)..a gray mica '14 cx-5 sport m/t...new wheels went on friday night(well...a/m wheels...i already drove on them for about 3 months on my old car, with different tires)

here's a pic of the oe cx-5 next to my old car('04 lancer ralliart m/t....traded in)...both almost the same shade of gray..i like!:D
Pic-05022013-002.jpg
here's a pic of the cx-5 with new wheels...17" drag dr-23 flat black and red pinstripe on the lip...with anodized red spline lugnuts(they're 17's like the oe wheels so i just swapped the tires over to them)
Pic-05062013-001.jpg
here's a pic of my old car with the wheels that went onto the cx-5
Pic-03262013-005.jpg

red caliper paint coming soon...i dont particularly like red, but i'm getting a whole unopened can from my buddy who decided to not use the red paint he bought online and can't return...so i might as well do red...(ps he also gave me the wheels for free previously...they were from his old car and didn't fit his new car so he just gave them to me for free)

ps: sorry about the low quality pics...they're from my cellphone...
i lost my camera moving about a year ago and haven't gotten around top buying a new one

Last edited:
Motegi MR121 17x7 48 offset Matte Gray finish wrapped with the factory tires 225/65 Geolanders
42.6 lbs combined. The factory 17s w Blizzack snow tires weighed in at 50.6 lbs.

The finish is more of a gloss than Matte which is okay with me. I mostly wanted a lighter weight wheel with a darker color than factory but not black.
The spokes of the wheel protrude out from the rim making it look wider. The spokes are just inside of the sidewall. If I was running low profile tires, the wheels would be curbed immediately.

I really don't like the center caps but I'd like to put a touch of red on them. I'll have to see how the Mazda center caps fit.

IMG_20130510_092009_884.jpg

IMG_20130510_092029_782.jpg

There's a lot to be said for choosing a wheel the "coulda' been factory". Your Enkeis do just that (your plasti-dipped OE wheels do not!) Congrats on making a great upgrade!

2qxqadu.jpg
6o04l0.jpg

Just installed! 18x8 Enkei M52 with 235/55-18 Continental ExtremeContact DWS

how do you like the DWS tires on the CX5? They have been one of my favorite tires on our other cars and one reason I'm still tempted to go from 19's to 18's when the stock tires wear out.

There's a lot to be said for choosing a wheel the "coulda' been factory". Your Enkeis do just that (your plasti-dipped OE wheels do not!) Congrats on making a great upgrade!

Thanks, brother. Noticed you are from Santa Rosa. I lived up there for a few years. It's a nice place!

how do you like the DWS tires on the CX5? They have been one of my favorite tires on our other cars and one reason I'm still tempted to go from 19's to 18's when the stock tires wear out.

For the performance of DWS, I can't tell just yet. They are my first set of DWS and I just installed them last night. I can make an update after they are broken in and I spend some time with them.

I was struggling for a bit between 18s or 19s as well for just that reason. 18 inch wheels give much more tire choices. Though summer only tires are a lot cheaper for 19s.

Back