Show me your CX-5 wheels

You are definitely not upsetting any kind of status quo or impuning any vendor.

With regards to the springs I've seen quite a few things reported vary from vehicle to vehicle of the same year since I got mine in 22. Iirc many had negative camber in the front after lowering of course but oddly enough most all of the before and after pics didn't show much. I know pics wont always show. And then for the rears some people had noticeable negative camber and others didn't. All with the same springs. Those who had noticeable camber put on rear arms to correct the issue but didn't have anything like bolts used for the front. And the others didnt use any rear arms. But I think a few sheets I saw varied where some had -1 to -1.5 for the front. But again you could not tell it by looking at it. And reports from a number of them after 5k-10k miles showed no real uneven wear in the front or rear.

So for me it's kind of weird. I'm used to running a little negative camber from doing scca a bit and tracking on a local road course when I had Civic Si swapped out with a 2.0 motor from a prelude that was stroked to 2.2 running coilovers and bars and then a few years later a Focus hatch. Was all too familiar with tires getting eaten if I didn't correct the camber so I'm used to adjusting front and rear camber as needed. But that's where these various reports from others throw me off a bit. So I'm doing rear arms for sure and as I said I may get the bolts to be safe.

You are definitely not upsetting any kind of status quo or impuning any vendor.

With regards to the springs I've seen quite a few things reported vary from vehicle to vehicle of the same year since I got mine in 22. Iirc many had negative camber in the front after lowering of course but oddly enough most all of the before and after pics didn't show much. I know pics wont always show. And then for the rears some people had noticeable negative camber and others didn't. All with the same springs. Those who had noticeable camber put on rear arms to correct the issue but didn't have anything like bolts used for the front. And the others didnt use any rear arms. But I think a few sheets I saw varied where some had -1 to -1.5 for the front. But again you could not tell it by looking at it. And reports from a number of them after 5k-10k miles showed no real uneven wear in the front or rear.

So for me it's kind of weird. I'm used to running a little negative camber from doing scca a bit and tracking on a local road course when I had Civic Si swapped out with a 2.0 motor from a prelude that was stroked to 2.2 running coilovers and bars and then a few years later a Focus hatch. Was all too familiar with tires getting eaten if I didn't correct the camber so I'm used to adjusting front and rear camber as needed. But that's where these various reports from others throw me off a bit. So I'm doing rear arms for sure and as I said I may get the bolts to be safe.
I have not looked at our CX5 front for negative camber. To me, it's more about the numbers.

The alignment shop didn't think 2 degrees was enough to go to the trouble to fix using the BC Racing damper camber adjustment. I don't belive he knew about aftermarket camber bolts.

I want the camber to be within the acceptable OEM range. The car is new, our road car. $60 for parts and a few hours wrenching seems reasonable. If less than 1.5 degrees, only one set of camber bolts are required, $30...

My guess, most folks are ignoring the front and rear negative camber and accept less tire life.

For those other ocd folks, there is a solution. 🤣

Last edited:
Here are pics of the front tires with 2 degrees neg camber.

I can see the inside tread is slightly favored over the outside tread of both tires.

We are accustomed to going +40,000 miles on tires. I believe 2 degrees will shorten tire life.

Can you see what I described as well?

0316241613_HDR~2.jpg
0316241613b~2.jpg

Last edited:
I searched Summit Racing and these aren't available for the CX-5. They're also bloody expensive.

Why not these? https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
I believe that fits a 2nd Gen.

3rd gen has a different rear suspension. SPC is a quality piece and works. I don't buy on price on my suspension parts. Safety first.

I had to swallow hard and pull the trigger. They are way cheaper than a set of tires...

Specialty Products Company - Cx-5 Rear Camber/Toe Kit (67416) Vehicle Specific Item https://a.co/d/1xW8Wcf

2017-2024 have the same suspension in regards to camber arms. I know a couple of people running the Godspeed arms with 22/23 year models. Others are running the regular black ones that look more factory from Lykt purchased off of ebay.

I installed 4 SPC camber bolts today. It took 2 camber bolts per side.

I sprung for a digital camber angle tool to get the camber to 0.1 of a degree.

Test drive, it tracks nicely, 2 fingers on the wheel. May not corner as well. That's ok.

Pics of tires now look about right for a DD.

Here is a how to install camber bolt video. He comments at the end about negative 2 degrees camber. He and I are singing from the same sheet of paper.....:geek:

How to install camber bolts

0317241410.jpg
0317241409.jpg
0317241037_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back