Show me your CX-5 wheels

By the math I have about 30-35mm clearance and I'm adding 1" (25.4mm) of section width in each direction. That's why you can't go larger than 245/45/20 or 245/50/19 at this offset.
Interesting. Iirc there's a guy running 20x9.5 et40 with 275 tires and he just barely clears the inside up front :)

Interesting. Iirc there's a guy running 20x9.5 et40 with 275 tires and he just barely clears the inside up front :)
Yeah, that's a pretty aggressive setup. I actually used his example to understand where the limit would be. He has 1/4-1/2 inch poke too. I should be pretty flush or within a few mm of it.

Yeah, that's a pretty aggressive setup. I actually used his example to understand where the limit would be. He has 1/4-1/2 inch poke too. I should be pretty flush or within a few mm of it.
I think you will be more flush for sure.

Was looking at some of those lugs you posted links to. I definitely need the black since I don't think there are any quality red ones that the finish last. Of course the around $200 price tag I was not expecting lol. But I wouldn't want to cheap out on lugs.

I think you will be more flush for sure.

Was looking at some of those lugs you posted links to. I definitely need the black since I don't think there are any quality red ones that the finish last. Of course the around $200 price tag I was not expecting lol. But I wouldn't want to cheap out on lugs.
The McGard on Amazon (US) aren't as bad as the MSRP. I ordered them last night.

https://a.co/d/gLdFnqh

Last edited:
Mounted the wheels and got 30% tint. What a difference black to gunmetal makes.

Waiting on coilover parts from BC Racing. Then will lower about 2" all the way around.

Got a starter tune from DRTuned that woke up the turbo a bit. Way more fun to drive. Will get another tune after he reviews the log.

Drilled and slotted rotors front will arrive Thursday. That should do it. Now to drive the wheels off of it! 😃

Our OEM wheel weighed 30.2#. We will list these wheels FS tonight...

EDIT Driving Impressions:
I wasn't expecting anything special as far as performance going to these wheels. The car feels ligbter, quicker handling and one WOT it jumped almost like a V8. I'm totally pleased with it.

When I install BC Racing coilovers,they are about 10#s per corner lighter than stock. That should be another bump. And when we get new tires they will be about 2 pounds lighter per tire.

I'll weigh the new drill and slotted rotors vs OEM. I doubt there will be significant difference...
0416241657.jpg
0416241608a.jpg
0416241601.jpg

Last edited:
Mounted the wheels and got 30% tint. What a difference black to gunmetal makes.

Waiting on coilover parts from BC Racing. Then will lower about 2" all the way around.

Got a starter tune from DRTuned that woke up the turbo a bit. Way more fun to drive. Will get another tune after he reviews the log.

Drilled and slotted rotors front will arrive Thursday. That should do it. Now to drive the wheels off of it! 😃

Our OEM wheel weighed 30.2#. We will list these wheels FS tonight...

EDIT Driving Impressions:
I wasn't expecting anything special as far as performance going to these wheels. The car feels ligbter, quicker handling and one WOT it jumped almost like a V8. I'm totally pleased with it.

When I install BC Racing coilovers,they are about 10#s per corner lighter than stock. That should be another bump. And when we get new tires they will be 5 to 10 pounds lighter per tire.

I'll weigh the new drill and slotted rotors vs OEM. I dought there will be significant difference...
View attachment 327358View attachment 327359View attachment 327364
Curious what tires/size you have now and are going to in order to save 5-10lbs per wheel? I know going from my stock 225 55r19 to 255 50 r19 is going to run me 1 to 2 pounds heavier per wheel at least.

Curious what tires/size you have now and are going to in order to save 5-10lbs per wheel? I know going from my stock 225 55r19 to 255 50 r19 is going to run me 1 to 2 pounds heavier per wheel at least.
Looks like I overstated weight savings. I thought I read the A36s weighed 32#.
P255 55r 19
A36 30#
Continental Cross Contact 28.7#
*Continental Cross Contact 255 50r19, 26.7# or 3.3#/tire savings
Pirelli Cinturato P7 28.56#

Weights on different websites very form 18.9# to 36# for the P7s..wow.

What tire have you picked. I know you have done your research!

Last edited:
Back