Show me your CX-5 wheels

Funny enough it is getting lowering springs (-1.2" drop) and Bilstein's in the near future, have the parts just need to be installed.
Not too worried about weight at this point since I'm not racing it.
Extra weight puts extra wear on the car… longer to brake, more energy to get the car moving.. etc

Extra weight puts extra wear on the car… longer to brake, more energy to get the car moving.. etc
The stock 19" rims weight 32lbs, these are 39lbs I don't think the extra 7lbs is gonna make that much difference in overall wear or performance on it...at least from going from one to the other I haven't noticed any significant degradation.

The stock 19" rims weight 32lbs, these are 39lbs I don't think the extra 7lbs is gonna make that much difference in overall wear or performance on it...at least from going from one to the other I haven't noticed any significant degradation.
it's more than just 7lbs/wheel static/unsprung/rotating. the 255 are heavier, static/unsprung/rotating inertia farthest from center, which has the greatest affect. they also have more rolling resistance and slightly heightened(taller) gearing due to the slight increase in overall diameter. while slight, there's surely a decrease in performance, however if your butt dyno doesn't notice, it's all good :)

Last edited:
it's more than just 7lbs/wheel static/unsprung/rotating. the 255 are heavier, static/unsprung/rotating inertia farthest from center, which has the greatest affect. they also have more rolling resistance and slightly heightened(taller) gearing due to the slight increase in overall diameter. while slight, there's surely a decrease in performance, however if your butt dyno doesn't notice, it's all good :)
That is why I am aiming for 15+ less pounds per corner with lightweight Enkei’s and tires that are also lighter.

21 CX-5 GT-R AWD
20" x 8.5" Flow One F2 Wheels (Black Machined w/ Dark Tint)
245/45ZR20 Continental ExtremeContact DWS06+
Corksport Lowering Springs
Front and Rear Bilstein B6 Struts and Shocks
Front and Rear Hardrace Sway Bars
Megan Racing Rear Camber Kit
Racing Beats Power Pulse Axelback Exhaust

Finally after a year waiting for Parts (Bilstein B6's) got this done. Looks, drives, handles, much better than before.

Attachments

• CX-5 lowered 1 of 6.jpg
    CX-5 lowered 1 of 6.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 249
  • CX-5 lowered 2 of 6.jpg
    CX-5 lowered 2 of 6.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 256
  • CX-5 lowered 3 of 6.jpg
    CX-5 lowered 3 of 6.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 256
  • CX-5 lowered 4 of 6.jpg
    CX-5 lowered 4 of 6.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 218
  • CX-5 lowered 5 of 6.jpg
    CX-5 lowered 5 of 6.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 208
  • CX-5 lowered 6 of 6.jpg
    CX-5 lowered 6 of 6.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Gap in the rear is quite high
Mine sits the same way. Part of it is the angle the car is sitting on. Part of it is the angle that the photo is taken.

Some people said that the Bilstein shocks add height in the rear, but I don't know how that's a thing as they do nothing with the springs... Unless the bumpstops aren't trimmed enough. But I doubt that's a thing, as the stock suspension should have more than 2" of travel.

Level ground, photo taken from roughly even with the lower window trim:
PXL_20230625_234613517.jpg

Don't mind the extra height in the back as on stock springs shocks it would sag when the trunk is loaded. I wasn't looking to lower it too low as still wanted to keep some height for when it snows or on a dirt road etc.

I just got them on last week, will see if they settle in further.

Don't mind the extra height in the back as on stock springs shocks it would sag when the trunk is loaded. I wasn't looking to lower it too low as still wanted to keep some height for when it snows or on a dirt road etc.

I just got them on last week, will see if they settle in further.
You only lowered the front?

Hi All,

Just joined and digging all these pics. just bought my wife a 2023 CX-5 signature jet black mica and wanting to upgrade rims and tires. done a lot of reading and know a 255/45/20 will fit but can't get a solid answer if the following will fit with no issues. not planning to alter stock suspension, lower or use spacers.

Wheel - TSW Sebring 20x8.5 +40 offset.

Tire - undecided (dws06+, Micheline ps4, Nitto nt421q) but wanting to go 265/45/20 if I will not have any issues.

can anyone help a guy out if you are running this set up with no issues.

2nd gen CX-5 owners have installed the OEM 2nd gen CX-9 wheels (20x8.5 +45) on their cars with zero issues, so you'll be good with those rims. Tires on the other hand might be too wide for the wheels. Usually the recommended maximum width on an 8.5 wide wheel is 255, but if you really want to run 265s, contact the manufacturer of the tire you're planning on using to confirm that the tire model you want to run is safe to be installed on an 8.5" wide rim.

2nd gen CX-5 owners have installed the OEM 2nd gen CX-9 wheels (20x8.5 +45) on their cars with zero issues, so you'll be good with those rims. Tires on the other hand might be too wide for the wheels. Usually the recommended maximum width on an 8.5 wide wheel is 255, but if you really want to run 265s, contact the manufacturer of the tire you're planning on using to confirm that the tire model you want to run is safe to be installed on an 8.5" wide rim.
hello. i plan to buy wheels 20x9 et35, is there any issues with that spec for mazda cx5 model 2019?

Back