Show me your CX-5 wheels

Hey guys,
I just put RX-8 18s on mine. I saw a couple people were wondering what they would look like, so here you go.
Tires are BF Goodrich 245/55/18. They transferred over the TPMS but had to replace the valve stems for some reason. Also, the caps from the CX5 are a little smaller so I had to use the caps from the RX8 wheels.

that is funny I was just thinking of these rims for my CX5, they are around 20lbs, not too bad, MS3's are heavier but nicer looking. I was thinking of getting some Enkies they are a little bit lighter18-19 range.

I probably stick with 225/60/18 or 235/55/18s

thanks for the pics

20" Rims

Lexani 20" LSS-55
Toyo Proxes s 20x8.5 255-45-20

20130213_173429_zps3b5e3261.jpg

20130213_173319_zps1fd5c87a.jpg

20130213_173342_zps62244805.jpg

Chris,

Thanks for helping me narrow down my selection. Your CX-5 is the first one I have seen with the exact wheel & tire size I'm planning to get. No worries, I won't be coppying your exact wheel. My new CX-5 is Meteor Grey so your pics have given me the best idea how it's going to look. You and Andy w/ the red CX-5 w/ 22's have been the most help so far.

Question: I'm assuming you have no rubbing issues from reading this thread and seeing others run slightly wider and taller tires. If you do, please tell. And the big question, how has it affected your gas mileage??? City? Hwy?

Thanks for posting!

No rubbing, about to get it lowered, i'll see after lowering (springs with the post atm). I havent really noticed a change in mpg, but i average 21 mpg. I drive very aggressively. I'd reccomend the wheels, they are nice and you can get a spoke matching center caps. You could get away with 22's but if you plan to lower I wouldnt.

Wow, lol, I have had mine about a week running on the OEM 225/55/19's and haven't seen less then 26mpg around town. I had sinus surgery the day before I took delivery so I haven't commuted to work in it yet which is 90mi round trip and almost all of it interstate driving... I had a 2012 V6 GMC Terrain for 1 month before I bought this, the best gas mileage that saw was 20mpg per tank commuting and in-town driving.... Mind you it's 3.0 Litre 268hp motor was definitely was a little more spirited on the interstate when I wanted to be aggressive and fly through traffic...
I'll be looking forward to seeing your pics. I love the 3 concept CX5's from the SEMA show that have pics posted everywhere... 2 of them are running 20's and the matte grey one is running 22's. Kinda going for the Patrick Dempsey Concept look without the damn roof box and bike rack. Like yours, just like the wider and more aggressive stance.

Andy,

Did you have any trouble with your TSW's fitting the hubs or did you have to get a hub spacer kit to correct the fitment? I have read a couple people have with other wheels. I'm getting 20" TSW Matte Gunmetal Nurburgring's for my new 2014 that I just got and wrapping them with Nitto Motivo 255/45 ZR20's. Probably a month away from doing the tires and wheels. Will be selling my OEM 19's shortly afterwards.

Great looking ride by friend. Definitely inspired what I plan to do with mine.

Unsullied, the wheels look great as black!

The Batman badge on the rear is a nice touch. Not to diss the CX-5, as I own one as well. But if Batman is driving one, I think he has hit an all-time low. lol.

WOW WOW WOW -- that is a great set of wheels! I need help I have to get these in US -- same set up is it doable?

Back