Show me your CX-5 wheels

Tonight on TNT - Red Dawn

Thanks, Chris.

6VlAZq4.png

no rubbing issues....and thank you. Those wheels are almost like the ones on my wifes jetta...and I had those tires before also and they are awesome. Rugged looking but were pretty quiet and they grip.

Good looking VW! Good taste in wheel selection too (rofl2)

I went with the Eibach Pro kit and had an alignment done as well. Everything went back into spec and it drives like it's on rails. Really fun to drive.

Last edited:
Update to my previous post. I ended up getting it lowered today but still need to get it washed lol. I went with the Eibach Pro kit and had an alignment done as well. Everything went back into spec and it drives like it's on rails. Really fun to drive.

lowered1.jpg

That looks hot!

I test drove a 2019 CX-5 Akera Turbo today (the Australian equivalent of the top-spec Signature) and I was very impressed with the overall package. I'm looking to upgrade our 2015 CX-5 GT with the new model soon and have shortlisted some aftermarket wheels similar to the design you've chosen. It's great to see how they look on the car. I'm also considering the Eibach Pro Kit.

Some people may remember my current car from way back in this thread. It is also lowered with the Eibach Pro Kit, but with 20" wheels. It has served us well, but it's now time to move on :)

1EIqJDV.jpg

I remember your car Good Thanks. Actually have your post saved as you went with the widest tires in the back.

Update to my previous post. I ended up getting it lowered today but still need to get it washed lol. I went with the Eibach Pro kit and had an alignment done as well. Everything went back into spec and it drives like it's on rails. Really fun to drive.

lowered1.jpg

lowered2.jpg

lowered3.jpg

Just wow. Really well done. That car looks like a GTI killer.

I remember your car Good Thanks. Actually have your post saved as you went with the widest tires in the back.

Hehe yeah the 275s on the back give it a nice fat stance from the rear...

sXki8uQ.jpg

I'm actually considering just transferring my wheels across to the new one as a low cost option. I did a quick copy and paste of my wheels onto the current shape in the colour that we are looking at (soul red) and they don't look too bad:

6LceXtN.jpg

Not sure if my Eibach springs are compatible with the new one, but that could be an option too if they are.

First post. Showing off my new rims/tires.

Motegi MR116 17x7 +40
Continental Terraincontact A/T 245/65R17

I was originally going to get a different set of tires. Either Yokohama G015 or Kumho AT51. But at the last second, I switched to the Continental when I saw it is the #1 rated On/Off road tire on TireRack AND it has the best treadwear rating of the the tires I was considering.

hJY5Wq3lv4o4RteXB5f9zNChKQ56IfELIp7q3rDLvqPA9K-VMaEO4BTc3I8dC_DWvD-kzII0BqIUjPhYO9kI9lJKTEQstr0vAPqzW3PtTbre_U_iDplkVBfXg2T7Mi5XwlMEMteKr9s=w1407-h879-no

SF3p3y3Mdue2INSf0wGIB5GhGBLKegkzzqhV9RyG7tlu97myTvbmQ1BZlE1aM1UbnAXVJxut8slHvrJuOl3Sodxl_eURnXgG04h5g7RIZhpEDamMV_XnUwqgRh96766EPVxyUUIYtOo=w1406-h879-no

They look really good. I noticed that the width is 8.5 any issues with the stock Toyos. I was told they were only rated up to 8. I am looking at new wheels and the ones I liked are also 8.5 but dont want to change tires if not needed.

I have the same question for anyone who has ran a 19x8.5 wheel on the stock Toyo tires? Any real noticeable stretch? I have searched and haven't really found a clean pic at an angle to get a good visual... I am looking to get 19x8.5 +35 wheels for a flush look and would really like to re-use the stock tires. Any help is appreciated.

I have the same question for anyone who has ran a 19x8.5 wheel on the stock Toyo tires? Any real noticeable stretch? I have searched and haven't really found a clean pic at an angle to get a good visual... I am looking to get 19x8.5 +35 wheels for a flush look and would really like to re-use the stock tires. Any help is appreciated.

Here is an example I found with 19x8.5 with the stock tires which are 225/55/19 and many angles. There's little to no stretch. The page takes awhile to load and sometimes needs to be refreshed because it has a lot of pics.

https://www.nsports-online.com/product/181/mazda-cx5-57transcend-19x8-545-5-114-3

Back