Show me your CX-5 wheels

minhhh

:
CX-5
I just bought my CX-5 and I wanna upgrade my 17’s. Maybe to 19’s or 20’s. Let’s see what you're working with!

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm saving up for a set of 18x8 rims. Maybe around tax time next year.

I wanna upgrade too but... these are brand new freaking tires lol. it would be a waste!!! maybe i should jsut get 17"s lol

What do you guys think the RX8 or MS6 wheels would look like on the CX-5?

What do you guys think the RX8 or MS6 wheels would look like on the CX-5?

I have intentions of swapping my RX-8 wheels on the CX-5. They're 18x8 +50 running 225/45/18. I'm more interested in how semi slicks would feel on the CX-5 than the looks itself (whistle) .

I would like to see the RX-8 R3 mags on the CX-5

Think that would be nice

19x8 +50, forged and BBS. Hard as hell to come by and they usually run for $2500 used.

I would like to see the RX-8 R3 mags on the CX-5

Same here. I really want to see pics of the R3 wheels on a CX-5 along with the Volk Racing VR G2 for comparison. I'm still undecided which one I want more!

p1010067u.jpg

^^ pic courtesy of sPEEdxXx's old for sale thread on here

Same here. I really want to see pics of the R3 wheels on a CX-5 along with the Volk Racing VR G2 for comparison. I'm still undecided which one I want more!

p1010067u.jpg

^^ pic courtesy of sPEEdxXx's old for sale thread on here

OMG this is like exactly the style of wheel I have been searching for. They are gorgeous. I think they will be awesome on my metro grey CX-5. Anyone know where to get these rims or anyone who makes a rep? I see they were OEM RX8 rims, but all I get on google is old old for sale threads.... any leads?

Just wondering if anyone could ps the older RX8 wheels & the MS6 wheels on the CX-5??

Just ordered some Borbet LV5s (18x8in)

Will be selling my stock 19in rims once they arrive in very early September.

I have intentions of swapping my RX-8 wheels on the CX-5. They're 18x8 +50 running 225/45/18. I'm more interested in how semi slicks would feel on the CX-5 than the looks itself (whistle)

PLEASE post pics if you do this, even a test fitment. I would like to see how that offset and rim size looks on the CX5!

I may be interested in your stock 19's depending on price and how much shipping would be to AZ. So if you want to sell them when you get your new wheels, let me know.

I may be interested in your stock 19's depending on price and how much shipping would be to AZ. So if you want to sell them when you get your new wheels, let me know.

Sure thing, I'd be selling them with the stock tires mounted as well (I expect they'll have about 5,500 miles at that time). I'll let you know once I swap them out early September.

Sure thing, I'd be selling them with the stock tires mounted as well (I expect they'll have about 5,500 miles at that time). I'll let you know once I swap them out early September.

cool, thanks!

Where did you order these from? I tried searching online but can't seem to find them in the US? Also, what kind of tires did you get for these?

Please post pics once you get them installed.

Where did you order these from? I tried searching online but can't seem to find them in the US? Also, what kind of tires did you get for these?

Please post pics once you get them installed.

I ordered the Borbet LV5s from www.tirerack.com - but, because they are more of a rare rim, the estimated shipping date was Aug 31. So I wouldn't get them until early September at the absolute earliest.

I ordered the Michelin Primacy MXV4s. They're the 2nd best rated tire for that group. I'm not much of a speed-racer and I still needed suitable traction for snow due to the several trips to the slopes every year. I'm pretty excited. One thing to mention though, Tirerack recommended 225/60R-18 (fits 6-8in rim) for the tire size, but I called and changed the order to 235/60R-18 (fits 6.5-8.5in rim) which will fit this rim a little better - even the tirerack employee said so.

What do you think? I photochopped some rims i'm looking into buying. Black on Black. It's not 100% to scale, but you get the idea.

With big brakes: (too bad they don't make these suckers for the cx-5's yet)
cx5wheels2.jpg

No brakes:
cx5wheels.jpg

I am thinking about fitting 22x9 265/40/22 on my cx-5. I could use some thoughts and expertise, do you think this spec will have any problems with rubbing?

Back