picked up ours- here's my impression.

EricF

:
2013 CX-5 FWD touring Bose/Moon. 2006 Tacoma.
My wife and I picked up our CX5 yesterday (FWD touring Bose/sunroof). The more I drive it, the more I like it; and my wife loves it! Which is good, because its hers. LOL One thing I noticed, and let me know if I'm just nuts, but when sitting in the passenger seat, it seems like the base should be tilted back a bit.

Here's a couple of things I wish were offered in this trim line.

-Driver 1&2 memory. Her old TL had this, and it saved the settings for the mirrors, seat, AC/heat, and radio stations. We LOVED that!
-The 19" wheels should be an option
-Its beyond stupid that the smart key does not work to unlock the doors as you approach the vehicle unless you have a GT with tech package. My friends 3 year old base model Altima has this feature!!
-Auto headlights should be standard as well. I mean 'cmon, we have blind spot monitors, but no auto headlights?? These last two features should be standard and the blind spot should be an option on the GT!

Everything else is great! Well...except for the Bose. Like a lot of others have said, its not all that great. But hey, its a hell of a lot better than our old car's stereo, and again, the wife loves it, so all is well. It also pairs nicely with our iPhone 4s', streams pandora great, ect.

I looked at the mirrors, and hood, and didn't notice any vibrations. BTW, the only part of the hood I can really see when driving is the back edge (I'm 6' tall, and sit with the seat all the way back, so maybe thats why?). Anyway, not an issue for this vehicle.

Handling, turning radius, visibility, and maneuverability are all awesome!

MPG is great for a vehicle of this size too!

_DSC5703_4_5_tonemapped-2.jpg

my touring has auto headlights, but i dont use it

i honestly can't stand that 'feature' in cars, i prefer more control personally

Yes, the Touring has Auto Headlights. Nice picture; beautiful vehicle!

edit: I checked mazdausa and it shows that auto off headlights is standard, but that auto on/off is part of the tech pkg.

Last edited:
Congrats on new CX, enjoy! Cool pic.

All my cars have Auto lights and I use them almost all the time.

Last edited:
Oh, cool! I've only driven it once at night and I didn't think it did.

Oh, cool! I've only driven it once at night and I didn't think it did.

look on stem, it should be

off
auto
parking/running lights
on

which brings me to another point, the order is messed up, if you want to turn on teh parking/running lights, you have to go thru auto, which fires up the bulbs, thereby decreasing their life some tiny fraction (same for when you go from off to on, you pass thru auto which turns them on, then parking which turns them off, then back on in 'on') they should have put auto last so its off-parking/running-on-auto or make auto a reverse turn so its auto-off-parking/running-on

Here's a couple of things I wish were offered in this trim line.

-The 19" wheels should be an option
-Its beyond stupid that the smart key does not work to unlock the doors as you approach the vehicle unless you have a GT with tech package.

Very much agreed! The Touring Package would be perfect for me, except I want the bigger wheels and advanced keyless entry with it. I'm hesitated getting a CX-5 partly because I can't decide on a package.

Very much agreed! The Touring Package would be perfect for me, except I want the bigger wheels and advanced keyless entry with it. I'm hesitated getting a CX-5 partly because I can't decide on a package.

Yeah, if you have to get the key to unlock the door, whats the use of the push button?? They should have just used a regular key.

I figured we could always add the wheels later and the other features of the GT didn't warrant the extra $. And we didn't want leather.

It's nice to see another AZ person. We're in far North Phoenix ane just picked ours up last weekend.

I also wanted to add my own wheel/tire package and speakers instead of spending $$$$ for Mazda to do it for me in the GT. I also wanted a winter tire package, so I have to buy a second set of wheels in one way or another. Now I can use the factory 17s as the winter set.

One tech feature I would like to have though, is the auto door unlock. That would be nice to just keep the key in your pocket all the time. But I guess that I use it to lock the car walking away, so it's not a big deal to do the same coming back. And it's the same as every other car I've had with a keyless entry.

One tech feature I would like to have though, is the auto door unlock. That would be nice to just keep the key in your pocket all the time. But I guess that I use it to lock the car walking away, so it's not a big deal to do the same coming back. And it's the same as every other car I've had with a keyless entry.

Same here, but I think though it's the Push Button Start that makes the need for a remote to unlock it seem a little out of place. Get out your keys/remote to unlock it, then... put them away before starting, lol.

Same here, but I think though it's the Push Button Start that makes the need for a remote to unlock it seem a little out of place. Get out your keys/remote to unlock it, then... put them away before starting, lol.

And the reverse is worse - stop the car with the button, get out, then have to find your keys in order to lock it. At least with a regular key start I have the key in my hand already when I'm getting out. Guess I should have gotten the gt...

And the reverse is worse - stop the car with the button, get out, then have to find your keys in order to lock it. At least with a regular key start I have the key in my hand already when I'm getting out. Guess I should have gotten the gt...

GT is worth it if you appreciate premium car features, very close to Lexus in many aspects.

GT is worth it if you appreciate premium car features, very close to Lexus in many aspects.
It does look really nice and luxurious, it's just that I don't like actually sitting on leather as much as cloth. My perfect Trim would be Touring with the GT wheels and Advanced Keyless Entry.

Oh, and the rumored SKYACTIV 2.5 option :)

Yeah, if you have to get the key to unlock the door, whats the use of the push button?? They should have just used a regular key.

I figured we could always add the wheels later and the other features of the GT didn't warrant the extra $. And we didn't want leather.

That's our biggest complaint too. Just make them all "advanced". Makes much more sense.

Just use the lock button on the door as you exit...

It does look really nice and luxurious, it's just that I don't like actually sitting on leather as much as cloth. My perfect Trim would be Touring with the GT wheels and Advanced Keyless Entry.

Oh, and the rumored SKYACTIV 2.5 option :)

Yep!

Back