Any product necessary for interior plastic/rubber care?

:
Former 2013 CX-5 GT owner
I hate glossy nasty sticky plastic protectants. But, I'd imagine some sort of protectant would be good, especially for UV. Is there a product to use on all plastics and rubber dash that is non glossy/sticky? I've already used lexol conditioner on the leather seats and carnuba wax on the exterior. Planning to use maguiars sealant in the fall.

Another person on the forums recommended Vinylex by Lexol. I ordered it but its not in yet.

Thanks for the replies. No, I haven't tried anything yet. I actually never used any protectant on my last vehicle interior. I stopped using proctectant on the interior years ago because everything I tried was nasty sticky and shiny. But, I'll check out the reccomendations.

Vinylex is good stuff. Stay away from Armor All or Turtle Way.

www.autopia.com is your best resource for car detailing tips btw.

Yeah, I've stumbled on that site. Pretty useful. Thanks. I actually used to detail cars for a dealership many many years ago. I'll never let anyone at a dealership detail my car for that reason. No training what so ever. Here's a bunch of products and a power polisher. Now go make cars look good. lol

presently using Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant and I am pretty satisfied so far. But I have not tried 100 off stuff, I am sure there many good ones. I may try Carpro products next time since i want to order their IronX product to clean the white paint.

got it form eshine.ca

I use 303 Protectant. It's not a greasy glossy mess like a lot of other stuff and doesn't have any negatives I know of. It's a high quality uv protectant that can be used on about any kind of plastic or rubber.... good for anything exposed to the sun. It's especially good for tires on something that sits a lot, like a trailer or extra vehicle. You can find it lots of places. It's not exactly cheap I guess, but it goes a long way. http://www.303products.com/

Back