H&R lowering springs

H&R Sport or Super Sport Springs?

Couldn't wait, so I just posted them from the office. Not the best pictures but I snapped them with my iPhone in a bit of a rush. I'm still leaning toward black wheels, the silver just looks out of place on the MGM in my opinion. I had a MGM 09 speed 3 with black wheels and it looked very good.
Again, I am very happy with the ride height, it leaves sufficient ground clearance but changes the entire demeanor of the vehicle from an appearance perspective, especially with the 19's.
View attachment 206878View attachment 206879

I'm pretty sure I'm going to debadge the back and I may black out the front and rear mazda emblems if I do the black wheels too. I would leave the chrome under the grill though.

Not sure if I missed this but what springs did you use? H&R? If so, did you use the sport or super sport? It looks lower than some others I have seen and like it the way it sits. On H&R, the sport says it drops it 1.5 to 1.8 and the super sport says 1.75-2.3.

Can somebody with these springs please chime in:

Do these springs help with the massive Dive/Squat problem i am experiencing. No, it isn't a factory defect, I understand this is a CUV and not a Sport Car... I'm just not used to it; the "somewhat soft" suspension combined with the "weak" breaks have me braking a little too heavy and late, thus I get a pretty bad nose dive, nothing wrong with the vehicle, its my driving style. (braindead

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and less hassle to change your (rather bizarre) braking style rather than springs?

Wouldn't it be a lot cheaper and less hassle to change your (rather bizarre) braking style rather than springs?

It would. But I also want to lower the car, I just wanted to know if the spring progressiveness helps with the nose dive

I used to have a VW Golf MKV with H&R Sport springs and I don't feel this CUV much worse then that car. I take curves very fast, without even braking and it's still stock everything.
I don't feel anything wrong with the brakes either.
I had a similar feel with my new Golf, it felt like it needed more pressure applied when braking. After 24k miles, I had done a brake fluid flush and the brakes become very good and trustworthy, not like before.
Maybe, you need to bleed the braking system, maybe it wasn't done properly from the factory.
I will lower my car also. but first I need some camber arms. I have the Corksport springs, still in the box.

I have the H&Rs on my '13 Touring FWD, but since I've never noticed any nose dive, I can't help you.

I've had to adjust my technique, start braking sooner. Forgot how to drive an auto. Springs are on order, should have them installed early next week

Can somebody with these springs please chime in:

Do these springs help with the massive Dive/Squat problem i am experiencing. No, it isn't a factory defect, I understand this is a CUV and not a Sport Car... I'm just not used to it; the "somewhat soft" suspension combined with the "weak" breaks have me braking a little too heavy and late, thus I get a pretty bad nose dive, nothing wrong with the vehicle, its my driving style. (braindead

Coming from a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 to my CX5 I had to readjust a bit too from late braking. I will say the H&R springs firm up the ride overall and I although I haven't made a mental note of it I'm certain it would reduce nose drive under hard braking.

Back