Great Buying Experience in Boise

Lando

:
Save the manual transmission
I have been following and posting my 2 cents on this forum for several months as I awaited my move to Oregon (no sales tax) and my CX-5 purchase. I knew I wanted a sport manual in Liquid Silver, but on Friday when I checked the Mazda website inventory, there was only one Sport manual in Black Mica in the entire state. Then I remembered an email I got from Scott Kawahara a sales rep at Dennis Dillon Mazda in Boise on May 21st mentioning both a Liquid Silver and a Black Mica sport manual that had just arrived. I checked the website and both were still listed, so I called Scott to confirm he told me the Silver was available at $20,996 plus doc and license and that it would be tax exempt if I showed him my Oregon drivers license. I gave him my credit card # to put a hold on it then invited my wife for a romantic weekend getaway to Boise, a six hour drive.

We got to the dealership a little after 6:00 pm and Scott had the car waiting for us. My wife took it for a test drive then we went in and completed the paperwork. Scott asked us if we were staying overnight and if we would be having breakfast in the morning. He was asking because his sister had a restaurant called Goldy's near the capitol that he said had fantastic breakfasts. When we said we would, he took out his wallet. I thought he was going to give us her business card, but instead he handed us a fifty dollar bill and said breakfast was on him to thank us for making the long drive. We were both blown away by this kindness and even though Goldy's was about 10 miles from our hotel, we knew we had to go check it out. In the morning, we arrived a little after 7:00 to find people already gathering for the 7:30 opening. This was no ordinary breakfast place. Within minutes of opening the doors, every table was filled and the staff was busily taking orders. Breakfast was amazing and my wife was thrilled to find her favorite - Eggs Benedict with fresh salmon. It was obvious why the place was so popular. We had a chance to visit with Scott's sister Wanda and found her to be just as gracious as Scott. When we left, we found that there were probably 30 more people outside waiting for a table.

In my many car buying experiences, this one ranked at the top of the list. Thank you Scott Kawahara.

Cool way to buy a car. Congrats on the manual CX-5 Lando, enjoy.

Back