Remote Windows Opening on CX-9 GT

Thanks for your reply 🙂.
I tried it last night and noting. Maybe I did the sequence too slow. I’ll try again when I go to my car at lunch. Do u do the sequence rather quickly or slow?
You know what idk if this is worthy to mention but I have a viper smart remote start pro added to my cx9 and so I wonder if that affects this feature.
It sucks that they would have not left this feature for all years lol. It was hot yesterday and wanted to open the windows a bit for ventilation prior to getting in. I don’t want to turn on the ac yet on when remote starting cause it’s not that hot yet in my region

Thanks for your reply 🙂.
I tried it last night and noting. Maybe I did the sequence too slow. I’ll try again when I go to my car at lunch. Do u do the sequence rather quickly or slow?
You know what idk if this is worthy to mention but I have a viper smart remote start pro added to my cx9 and so I wonder if that affects this feature.
It sucks that they would have not left this feature for all years lol. It was hot yesterday and wanted to open the windows a bit for ventilation prior to getting in. I don’t want to turn on the ac yet on when remote starting cause it’s not that hot yet in my region
The pace I go at is click, hear the beep, click, hear the beep.

I'm guessing your remote start has all the bells and whistles (lock/unlock, etc.) in which case, it's probably the reason why the key sequence doesn't work. Most of the aftermarket stuff have bypass modules which it will work through, so the "factory features" likely won't apply.

Just tried it and no cigar.
I have to wait until I get home and ask my cousin who has a signature to see. He doesn’t have the remote start options. Thus far he said his doesn’t have that feature on his cx9 but was going to check.
If his works then it would further confirm your statement on modules. I wonder what other features I eliminated on the cx9 then lol

Just tried it and no cigar.
I have to wait until I get home and ask my cousin who has a signature to see. He doesn’t have the remote start options. Thus far he said his doesn’t have that feature on his cx9 but was going to check.
If his works then it would further confirm your statement on modules. I wonder what other features I eliminated on the cx9 then lol
I believe the bypass module is strictly for the control app/viper remotes to communicate with. I'm willing to bet that the feature will still work with your factory key fobs (if you still have them).

Yes I still use the factory remotes. The viper smear start pro is like the Mazda smart connect that allows me to start my car from anywhere and open/ close etc. temp, etc. It’s all integrated with the factory remotes.
Doesn’t work on mine

Yes I still use the factory remotes. The viper smear start pro is like the Mazda smart connect that allows me to start my car from anywhere and open/ close etc. temp, etc. It’s all integrated with the factory remotes.
Doesn’t work on mine
Oh I didn't realize you can use the factory remotes on the Viper Smart Start systems. I've only dabbled with installing aftermarket CD/MP3 players (back when these were not standard features) and subwoofer systems, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

My understanding is that the CAN bus data controller (typically the bypass module for the remote start) would have been programmed for your vehicle. My best guess is that the "factory" features could have got "lost" during the programming.

Is the remote start like press unlock three times on the fob?

Sure no problem and thank you. You’re definitely more knowledgeable than me on the topic and am grateful for your replies 🙂.

Yes on the remote oem fob I press the lock bottom 3 times and it starts the car if I don’t otherwise use the viper app.

My cousin who doesn’t have any of this tried on his remote fob and it didn’t work either

Sure no problem and thank you. You’re definitely more knowledgeable than me on the topic and am grateful for your replies 🙂.

Yes on the remote oem fob I press the lock bottom 3 times and it starts the car if I don’t otherwise use the viper app.

My cousin who doesn’t have any of this tried on his remote fob and it didn’t work either
Interesting. What year and trim is your cousin's?

Back