Remote Windows Opening on CX-9 GT

mzd

:
Mazda CX-9 GT FWD 2012
If your GT has sunroof, then you can remotely lower your sunroof and front windows with your remote key, but if your GT doesn't have a sunroof, then your cannot remotely lower your front windows, right?

I can confirm that it does work with a sunroof. I use it on mine all the time. (Black leather gets mighty hot)

Someone without a sunroof will have to verify the other part. Although it would not make much sense for it to be that way. You would think you should be able to lower the windows not matter what.

Three quick clicks on the unlock button holding on the third click until the windows open to the desired position.
Still have a problem actually hitting the sequence right and get the windows and sunroof open. Once the sequence is started the windows finish and the the sunroof opens so those with a sunroof have to hold the button tell the sunroof is open to the desired position too.

Ah. I just tried it. Was able to unlock & open everything after just 2 clicks w/ hold. 2012 Touring w/ moonroof.
Holding the drivers door button 1x will close everything.

Yes, just tried, my 2012 GT without sunroof, it worked with three clicks, but only worked twice! It doesn't work anymore. Did I do anything wrong? Manual says it only works for GT with sunroof, and I am surprised it worked on mine even if it did so for two times.

yep 2 Clicks and hold instead of three clicks and windows are open and the sun roof is open.
Single button press on door look and hold and the windows and sun roof close.
2012 CX-9 GT

Not on my GT--hold the door handle lock button--closes all the windows.

Yes! That's right, I redo with two clicks and hold and it is working fine. I don't have a sun roof, but it works despite manual saying otherwise. Thank you for sharing the new trick!

I have tried all sequences on my Mazda CX9 2015 GT AWD and nothing works...not the windows or the sunroof!!! Has anyone had it work with their 2015 model?????

I can open the front two windows and the sunroof with the remote for my 2015 Touring. I press the unlock button on my remote twice in quick succession, holding it down in the second click (click cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick).

Last edited:
The remote open works with the double click and hold on my 2012 touring with no sunroof. I use this feature all the time in the summer. It only rolls down the two front windows though. No auto-up from the fob thanks to sue-happy Murica.

With my VW I have software on my laptop (VCDS) that lets me change just about every electronic feature in the car and all the fun stuff is under "RoW", or "Rest of World". Basically Americans are too stupid have a lot of features the rest of the world gets because we'll find a way to hurt ourselves and sue. On the VW I've been able to turn on windows up/down from the fob as well as a feature where if the windows are down the rain sensing wipers will monitor the windshield for up to 24 hours and if it senses rain the windows automatically go up.

Can't seem to make it work on the 2016 cx9 sport

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I will test it in my CX9 GT AWD 2016 TURBO.

BTW I was able to control all windows UP and DOWN / sunroof Open/Close with my keys in my old Volvo S40 Turbo

The remote open works with the double click and hold on my 2012 touring with no sunroof. I use this feature all the time in the summer. It only rolls down the two front windows though. No auto-up from the fob thanks to sue-happy Murica.

With my VW I have software on my laptop (VCDS) that lets me change just about every electronic feature in the car and all the fun stuff is under "RoW", or "Rest of World". Basically Americans are too stupid have a lot of features the rest of the world gets because we'll find a way to hurt ourselves and sue. On the VW I've been able to turn on windows up/down from the fob as well as a feature where if the windows are down the rain sensing wipers will monitor the windshield for up to 24 hours and if it senses rain the windows automatically go up.

Ive got a 2018 Cx-9 Touring with sunroof and cant seem to get up or down to work with the keyfob. Is it my button timing or is this now disabled?

I am used to being able to reprogram these kinds of things from online forums in my previous VolksAudiGroup cars as well, is there any database for that with mazdas? I can even program this into my 2016 f150 so i would think there would be a way

Sorry to bring up an old tread but the remote window opening is not available with the key fobs for a 2020 Mazda cx9 gt and signature?

I assume the 2016-2020 use the same key fobs?

Someone on YouTube informed me that they do but I was waiting for their reply as a few people asked for details.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sorry to bring up an old tread but the remote window opening is not available with the key fobs for a 2020 Mazda cx9 gt and signature?

I assume the 2016-2020 use the same key fobs?

Someone on YouTube informed me that they do but I was waiting for their reply as a few people asked for details.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
I can tell you it works on my 2022 GT.

On the fob, press the door unlock once, twice, three times, and on the fourth, press and hold until the windows roll down. The windows will go down as long as you hold that fourth press down and will stop rolling as soon as you release that fourth press and hold.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to roll it back up on the fob. Doesn't affect the sunroof either.

Back