CX-5 Clear Bra anyone?

If you buy it your self and DIY, look at $250-300 usd for quality product.
I'm having a shop install 3M stuff.

Front bumper, hood, mirrors. $565
Rear bumper $50
Inside door handles $25 total

Dealer had a little more coverage around the windshield, but they wanted $1350 and it didn't include rear bumper. They wanted me to buy their little guard.

I purchased DIY clearmask AR kits from clearmask.com which covered bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, headlights, foglights, door gaurds, and that black plastic nose piece above the logo.

The Good- cheaper when DIY. Probably cost no more than $300? for the above. Install CD and tools provided. Headlight and foglight protection kits were free. Good protection coverage overall. Film is thin and hard to spot on white paint.

The Bad- The hood was a pain to install and I scratched the surface so I may just redo using one bulk sheet and cutting with a knife. I squeeged it while it wasn't wet by accident. Mirror kit is a joke in terms of coverage-was too small and required stretching. Headlight/foglight section is too thin imo.

Tips- Watch the install CD first. Buy a heat gun. 2 people are needed to install hood and bumper sections. Start with clean car and use a garage. Spray water constantly on car, hands, tools, film. When in doubt have a pro install it.

Overall- I give the product 4 stars out of 5.

I got a quote for clear bra this weekend of $500 for the front bumper partial hood, and side mirrors. I'm starting to save up for this.

I had also asked them for a clear wrap on the roof to protect the paint from sand from my kayaks, they wanted $600 cause they were going to use the clear bra material... I didnt end up going for it.

what I was told is that the 3m clear bra was like $24 per square foot and the CX5 roof is about 6x4 = 24squareft.
24x24= $576 and thats without tax.

I got a quote for clear bra this weekend of $500 for the front bumper partial hood, and side mirrors. I'm starting to save up for this.

I had also asked them for a clear wrap on the roof to protect the paint from sand from my kayaks, they wanted $600 cause they were going to use the clear bra material... I didnt end up going for it.

I thought about getting the roof done just so I wouldn't have to wax it :)

Yeah it's a pain, gotta get the stool out to do a good job :D

I still have not got around to ordering and installing the film. I might even save a little and go to a professional to install instead of trying myself.

I ended up getting the roof wrapped in black carbonFiber-patterned vynl, doesnt look too bad with my black CX5. I'll post a pic soon enough, hopefully I wont be flamed too much on this forum for doing it.

There aren't too many of us here to flame you! ;)

I personally am not a fan of Carbon Fiber, but everybody has their own taste.
Why else would cars be sold in different colors?

Looking foward to the pics! :)

Just ordered the VentureShield Ultra film for the whole front bumper, hood, part of front fender and mirrors $260. I am going to attempt to install these sometime next week. Praying I do it right. Will take pics and post before and afters.

Just ordered the VentureShield Ultra film for the whole front bumper, hood, part of front fender and mirrors $260. I am going to attempt to install these sometime next week. Praying I do it right. Will take pics and post before and afters.

I had some left over Ventureshield film about 2x6 feet size laying around (not sure if Ultra). I ended up installing it at the rear door hatch for protection from when closing. It's good film. Good luck on your install and try watching various installation videos on youtube. An extra person goes a long way for the longer peices.

Damn Gio, I wish I was heading up to NJ this weekend. I'd help you.

I'd like to learn this.

Damn Gio, I wish I was heading up to NJ this weekend. I'd help you.

I'd like to learn this.

That would have been great man, I'm usually good with this stuff but you never know. I will be watching a lot of videos over and over to hopefully get this right. Probably will ask my brother to help out with the bigger pieces and bumper.

That would have been great man, I'm usually good with this stuff but you never know. I will be watching a lot of videos over and over to hopefully get this right. Probably will ask my brother to help out with the bigger pieces and bumper.

I drive up to NJ roughly once every month or two to vist the in-laws.
It would have been a good excuse to escape for a day though!

I took pics of paint protected sections installed on bumper, lower hood, headlights, fogs, fenders, mirrors, and black nose piece. Also on the rear hatch (bottom and under mazda logo). You have to zoom the pics to see the film's lines.

*edit: you can tell my error on the passenger side hood near the headlight. It isn't flush while the driver's side hood film went requiring me totaper under the hood. Also the mirror kit was much to small. Otherwise good coverage.

Attachments

• CX-5 Clearmask AR.jpg
    CX-5 Clearmask AR.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 480
  • CX-5 grill.jpg
    CX-5 grill.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 1,470
  • CX-5 rear.jpg
    CX-5 rear.jpg
    701.5 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Back