CX-5 Clear Bra anyone?

EricF

:
2013 CX-5 FWD touring Bose/Moon. 2006 Tacoma.
Anyone have a clear bra installed? Like or dislike?

I know the dealer charges an arm and a leg, but here's one on ebay for fairly cheap, and it doesn't look that hard to install. The only down side I could see is it looks slightly more dull than the rest of the paint. But I guess thats better than looking at rock chips in the paint over time.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

i ordered mine online from ebay u.s still sitting here,waiting for a good day to clean the car and apply.

This is a good deal if you are adept at doing the installation yourself. The only problem is if you run into a problem or if you mess up than you are on your own. Anyone get a quote for what a pro install would cost?

I got quoted $500 from a local shop. Not sure if that's reasonable so I still thinking about it.

The $500 included the front bumper, mirrors, part of the hood, and fenders. No lights though. What do you think?

I have everything done from front, to wing mirrors, doors, front to rear 3/4, bonnet (hood). I had a professional install it at a cost.
But having had the car for 3 months with it now, I wouldn't live without it.

10/10 given a good installation.
The installer used Ventureshield. It's a brilliant material, so good infact that 3M bought the company making it so that they could put their own name in front of the product.

See:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.330973616957285.79207.140334719354510&type=1
Put comments on their as well if you like it.

My thoughts on the installation is, if you use the enough soapy water, the clear bra is very maneuverable on the vehicle. Its only when you squeegee the water out from under it that it sticks, so you could really play with it all day until you got it in the right spot. Even if you have half of the piece stuck down and needed it moved over a tad, you can stretch it for extra reach. Lets face it, even if you mess it up, and its off 1/8" from one side to the other, who is going to inspect it enough to notice? Hell, from 4 feet back, you can't even see its there! And the hardest part looks like the bumper, all of the little pieces like the mirrors, fenders, and the piece for the hood look REALLY easy.

I think i'm going to get the stuff on ebay. Its a little over $200 for materials, and I can't see paying someone $300-800 just to put a big bumper sticker on my car.

Take a look at some videos of people installing it on youtube. It looks pretty straightforward.

Has anyone ever purchased from http://www.snaptint.com/paint-protection.html? They have precut tinting kits. They don't have a kit for the CX-5 yet but the deluxe kit for the CX-7 costs $189.90 plus shipping. I may consider this once they the CX-5 kit is available.

Haven't heard of that company, but the one on ebay is precut in the same material that indoes up above spoke highly of. Price difference is only $40, and IMO it would be better to get it on the vehicle sooner than later. So since the kit above is good quality and available now, I would say its the better deal.

BTW. The kits sold by snaptint is SolarGard Clearshield. 3M stuff is good but I'm have a difficult time finding a installer in my area.

I have the paint protection film on my cx-5. A company in Houston, Tx. called Invisishield instlled the film. This is the third car they have done for me.They also installed the Xpell headlite protection film I orderd from AutoAnything.com. Paint protection film price was $490 for the entire kit. The film covers the front of the hood, front of the fenders, entire front bumper, black painted piece between hood and grill, and both mirrors.

How much did you guys pay for the installation + the film itself? Close to a grand?

How much did you guys pay for the installation + the film itself? Close to a grand?

I got a quote for $500 installed. Honestly, it looks really easy. You could buy the kit and do it yourself and save $300. Even if its not perfect, its clear. No one is going to pay THAT much attention to it.

Thanks, I saw the $200+ kit on ebay I think I'm going to give it a try in a couple of weeks. I'll post pics of it. I watched some videos and it does seem very easy. Lot's of water+baby shampoo spraying in between and then just getting all bubbles out underneath.

Thanks, I saw the $200+ kit on ebay I think I'm going to give it a try in a couple of weeks. I'll post pics of it. I watched some videos and it does seem very easy. Lot's of water+baby shampoo spraying in between and then just getting all bubbles out underneath.

If you do it, let us know what you think. I'm on the fence about getting it.

I'm definitely planning on doing it since I couldn't find any bumper bars and where this will be parked I'm afraid I will need some sort of protection for the front and back. I will post pics, I'm very detail oriented and will usually try to get everything perfect so you can bet I will get that thing to go exactly as it should :D

Last edited:
Back