Fixing those wimpy CX-5 Exhaust Tips...

$120 to remove the old tips, buy and install these. They are similar to the racing beat tips, almost identical actually.

Just installed these tips I got from eBay for $43 shipped from China. They are very high quality and really easy to install, they fit over the stock exhaust so no need to weld anything. I tried the angled look so that the tips fit completely under the bumper, but I decided to have them straight out. They do hang out a little bit but nothing too serious.

The clamp system works very well, they are very secure and there is no movement at all.

IjFdEMO.jpg

wkIDme0.jpg

yRloor7.jpg

A3XUKVK.jpg

Just installed these tips I got from eBay for $43 shipped from China. They are very high quality and really easy to install, they fit over the stock exhaust so no need to weld anything. I tried the angled look so that the tips fit completely under the bumper, but I decided to have them straight out. They do hang out a little bit but nothing too serious.

The clamp system works very well, they are very secure and there is no movement at all.
Are they stainless steel? Do you have a link to the auction?

They look perfect to me. Mazda seems to like to keep the exhaust tip under the bumper for some reason. The CX7s were about 2 inches under and Mazda had so many complants that they issued a TSB. E

Sorry, but installing them over the existing tips just doesn't get it for me. Looks very "add-on".

Paris, I had them ordered from a local exhaust shop. They had a 9 inch model in stock, but it was too long. I believe it was a 6 inch tip I went with.

I didn't want to go that route of installing over existing tips, however it is much more cost effective and easy. One way to help that look however is to paint the original tips black with a high temp paint.

Last edited:
Is there not an after market full stainless system available that has larger tips?

Yes there are aftermarket exhaust setups, but that approach is much more expensive and creates more noise than many want.

Back