Waiting for a CX5

Kelme

:
2013 CX-5 Touring FWD
Hi Everybody,

Hopefully I can become a new owner of a CX5 this week. It seems like this thing is selling like crazy since it took me 2 visits to the dealership in order to be able to do a test drive and only because they didnt had any automatics to do so. I currently drive a 5spd Mazda 3 but I wanted to test the automatic CX5 since I knew that this was a brand new transmission that was develop specifically for the new Skyactive engine. I finally got to test drive one and I seriously liked it. I pretty much just told the dealership that as soon as they get a FWD Touring Automatic to let me know. That day they told me that they would get a silver one in a week but yesterday I got a call that the silver one was AWD. So Im hoping that they get a FWD Touring by this Friday. I havent officially bought the car yet since Im pretty much waiting to see what the dealership would get, I already told them that I dont really care about the color. I think that is the best way to do it since I knew that it would be weeks or months if I ordered a specific trim in a specific color specially since it seems that the demand is pretty high right now.

Hopefully I can get one this week.

Got my CX-5 today, black Touring FWD. Looking forward to having a lot of fun with it.

Good for you! I was in the opposite scenario where they had tonnes of autos, but no manual transmission. I almost didn't buy a CX5 because of that, but then I was passing by a dealership in Orlando (I was on a vacation) and they had one, so I put down a deposit and drove back from Miami the following weekend to take delivery. Its a great car, enjoy!

I'm still waiting as well. Started seriously looking early-May & around here they're all automatic when I want the manual. All the dealerships keep telling me "any day now" they're expecting some manuals to come in, but nothing has shown up yet. *sigh*

I already told them that I don’t really care about the color. I think that is the best way to do it since I knew that it would be weeks or months if I ordered a specific trim in a specific color specially since it seems that the demand is pretty high right now.

When I found mine I kept thinking I should wait and look at some more other cars but then I finally realized that I would likely never again find the color I wanted in the trim level I wanted without any extras I didn't want. I'd been through waiting for the 'perfect' car before.

I was very lucky. I went in and test drove a Touring and really liked it. I already had in mind that I wanted the Grand Touring AWD with the tech package, either black or silver. When I told them they let me know that the exact car in silver was already on it's way so I put down a deposit and got it a few weeks later. Absolutely love mine so far!

Thanks everybody, loving the car so far. Can't believe that it handles better than my old 2008 Mazda 3.

I too checked mazdausa.com daily for weeks waiting for the color/combo I wanted. It showed up a day or two before it arrived on the lot. I sent the dealership the VIN from the site and requested that vehicle. They sent a picture when the truck showed up with it loaded and sent it to get checked out first thing. I had it before they had finished detailing it. Check the site and email the dealer when what you want shows up in inventory.

Back