Hello from Colorado!

CX_CO

:
AWD CX-5 GT
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and throw my CX in the intro loop. I've been following the threads in this forum for a while and can say that you've all been really helpful, so thanks! I took delivery of a Metro GT CX-5 on 5/25 and have been absolutely loving it. First tank of mostly city was 30.1 mpg (manually calculated) and I'm happy to report that the CX-5 has exceeded my expectations so far :) Here are a couple pictures of my drive through Rocky Mountain National Park last weekend.

On a side note, has anyone noticed/heard a high pitched vibrating sound between 2250 and 2750 rpm during acceleration? I generally only hear it during moderate acceleration in 2nd or 3rd. Sounds like metal on metal contact somewhere.

CX5-1.jpgCX-5 3.jpg

have not heard anything weird, short of starting it up in the AM...the first time I was a little concerned, but all good.

btw...nice pics....I would love to drive mine up in those mountains. Did you need to use the manual shift to get through the elevation changes or did it just cruise nice and smooth for you in full AT?

Nice pictures. Thank you. How is the power at altitude, especially with several adults in the car?

Thanks for the replies! Performance at altitude was actually pretty good. I had one other person in the car with me and it didn't seem to bother the car. I left it in auto for most of the time and did notice pretty aggressive downshifting to keep up speed on some of the steeper inclines, but it wasn't bad. Coming from a CX-7, I have to admit to missing some if the power but the mileage makes up for it.

Wow, fantastic pictures with cool angles and great scenery! If you'd have other pictures, feel free to post as it would be great to see them.

I haven't heard the sound you described but I'll listen closer when I drive next.

Thanks!

Back