Custom shifter knob

mazdalooker

:
2013 CX-5 AWD Touring
Hi. Is the shifter knob on the gearbox customizable? In other words, can the knob of the CX-5 Sport be Upgraded to match that of the Grand Touring model, for example?

I didnt realize they were different? The GT's shifter is nice and short, what the other models like?

Any way we Americans can get access to aussie accessories? Too cool for words, but not available

Any way we Americans can get access to aussie accessories? Too cool for words, but not available

dang it, now I went and looked at what they have. I want the alarm and the parking sensors. I wonder if they are compatible or if there are slight electrical differences.

It appears to be an 8mm shaft. But I don't know if it is 1.5 or 1.25 pitch. I too would like to know size needed!

It's always bothered me that the shifter grip doesn't have something in the middle. Mazda logo possibly? So it started me on a quest to find something to replace it with, but I'm finding you must know the thread and pitch size to get the right knob.

8171119162_b42cdfcdfe_b.jpg

8171119240_a37b7efaf8_b.jpg

FYI...the CX-5 has M8x1.25 size threading. I took the stock knob inside the hardware store.

Back