Engine code. P2096

koston33

So I'm getting this code. This code only shows up when I go on long trips, 500+ miles. It apparently is in reference to my o2 sensor. I have a Corksport tp and dp. I was thinkin I may need to change my sensor, but the light has now gone off. Should I worry. Any way to monitor to see if this sensor is working properly?

I had this for awhile, with stock exhaust. I ended up getting new O2 from dealer for about $190 and haven't had it since

did you run into any driving issues. I haven't at all. Im getting 2096 and 2097 at the same time, so it does point to a messed up o2 sensor. One is for A/f to lean and one is for A/f to rich. The engine light keeps coming on and off. Why idea why it doesn't just stay on?

IIRC, that code is indicative of a failing secondary O2 sensor. May be wrong. Could also mean a crack or leak close to a catalytic converter, if your dp has one. It also shows up with aftermarket dp/s when the secondary bung height is not correct for exhaust flow reading on catless dp's. Just some thoughts.

get something to tune with, such as ap, hypertech or versatuner, you can monitor with ap and versatuner. you could also buy a used dashhawk perhaps to monitor with, but they are getting scarce. also running a downpipe with no tune and no upgraded fuel pump internals could be a recipe for boom.

did you run into any driving issues. I haven't at all. Im getting 2096 and 2097 at the same time, so it does point to a messed up o2 sensor. One is for A/f to lean and one is for A/f to rich. The engine light keeps coming on and off. Why idea why it doesn't just stay on?

To answer your question, I never had any driving issues... which made me argue with myself about replacing the O2. I had driven a MS6 with a failing O2 and it pretty much shut down the performance, put the car into "Safe Mode." I never noticed anything like that with mine. But finally I committed and just bought one and that was the fix, haven't had a single CEL since. Mine did the same thing before, on and off multiple times and stayed on for multiple lengths. Even with shut-off from a scanner, it would kick back on. I recommend swapping it out. I did notice an increase with MPG too, about 21 before and now I'm getting 26 after changing it.

Back