Code C1288 and P0401

Russm

:
08 MS3
Having some issues with DSC and Traction Control, a code light pop on and had these 2 codes:
C1288(Brake Fluid Sensor issue) and P0401 (EGR)
I pulled them using a generic Genesis scanner and couldn't find any more info on My MS3 08 shop manual, anyone have any idea on these. The car is running fine except the TC light is always on and the DSC light won't come on when you try and disengage it at startup, TC is disengaged.
I was told it might just need a reflash on the EGR issue due to 84K miles and there is a supposed TSB on this issue.
Thank You for any assistance offered!

Just a heads up for anyone ever running into this issue in future, found the issue with the C1288 cell and reason for loss of DSC and Traction control.
The ABS pump/DSC module failed on the DSC side ( 3 Mazda dealers had never seen this problem), there are two sections to this module, one handles DSC/TC the other side is the ABS module/pump.
Cost $120 to get Mazda to diagnose it, took them about 20 minutes to remove battery box hook up and actuate it with their software(my regular shop couldn't do this without Mazda SW). ABS was working but DSC/TC wouldn't work.
Sum of the conversation, have to replace the module, 1.5 Hr to un due 6 brake lines, four bolts and 1 Electronic connector, replace module, connect elec connector , 4 bolts and 6 fluid lines carefully(aluminum body and you can go in cockeyed and damage threads), bleed breaks, take car back to Mazda, have them flash ECU/ DSC module so they talk and works great now.
Oh forgot to mention the ABS module from Mazda (B3YF-43-7AZ) cost $1,779!!!!!, found a used one at my local salvage yard with 36K on 08 MS3 car for $175 + new brake fluid and $100 for flash from Mazda, all fixed now!

Back