Clicking sound from front end when driving over small bumps?

I just got my CX5 back from the dealer... there was a "clunk" noise coming from underneath when going over even just slightly bumpy roads. After a day of diagnostics they found one of the engine mounts was bad and replaced it... no more clunking now... I hope it's just an isolated case... I don't think an engine mount should be going bad after only 11k miles!

My 2014 CX- 5 Sport is only 1 month old but clicking and popping sounds from front suspension area around wheels was driving me crazy. I heard it more on the driver's side. They occurred even over very small bumps and slight shifts in weight. Sounded like an old buckboard buggy. Took it to dealership where they looked at two things: the bearings on the struts ... replaced them as per a TSB ( actually for a lower Vin# series than mine) ..that wasn't it, then tightened the 5 or 6 bolts on the "cowl panel" (that black piece of plastic that is right under the windshield wipers)... THAT WAS IT. Peace and quiet. I like my car again. Yeah, but makes sense.. every time that the car flexed (even a little bit) the two metal plates held together by the bolts wiggled ever so slightly... like sneakers squeaking on a basketball court.

Two months ago, I brought my car at the dealer to investigate a clicking sound. They said they needed to replace the top plate bearing. Lately, I hear back the clicking sound. I am wondering if it is the 6 bolts of the cowl panel.

Back