2012 Sport with navigation and backup camera

tinlin

:
Hi,
I replaced the factory stereo with a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. I used the schosche dash kit and pac steering wheel control module. I like the way it came out. I now have Navigation, cleaner sound, bluetooth, and a backup camera.
Getting the old stereo out requires a lot of disassembly of the dash, but I think it was worth it.

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

Looks good. Do you have more pictures? I would like to see where and how the backup camera is installed.
I recently got Kenwood 9980HD with Axess steering wheel control installed by Frys, cost me around $200 without backup camera.

Here is the camera. Sorry about the poor contrast. It is the Kenwood CMOS-210. The mounting bracket was bent around the license plate cover and then screwed into the license plate cover. I don't have pictures of the install. We took the lift gate panel off, ran it up through the conduit on top of the lift gate, and then stuffed into the plastic ceiling trim.

DSCN0729.jpg

Tinlin!

Thanks for the pics! Looks great. I am in the process of figuring out the same project of my own. I have a couple of questions:

1) you said you used the scosche kit, did that include a scosche harness as well?
2) with the PAC module, did you have to make any modifications? I've been reading that some people have had to make modifications to either the steering wheel module and/or the vehicle harness. Did you lose functionality of the hang up/answer buttons or did you not have that to begin with?

My Mazda5 already has the Bluetooth package (touring) so I want to ensure I keep all of the controls if possible.

Any tips on removing the dash?

Thanks for the help!!!

Hello tinlin,

Thanks for the post. I'm trying to remove the factory stereo. I've reached to the stereo itself. I removed the two screws and pulled the unit and the it's loose from the side, but the top is still attached. Do you remember how to detach the radio from the top part or the dash?

Thanks in advance.

That's one fantastic work, looks factory!
Hi,
I replaced the factory stereo with a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH. I used the schosche dash kit and pac steering wheel control module. I like the way it came out. I now have Navigation, cleaner sound, bluetooth, and a backup camera.
Getting the old stereo out requires a lot of disassembly of the dash, but I think it was worth it.

DSCN0705.jpg

DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0713.jpg

DSCN0714.jpg

DSCN0718.jpg

DSCN0721.jpg

Sorry to revive an older thread but where did you guys place your bluetooth mics? I wanted to place mine in the factory location but the way the oem one is mounted it doesn't look possible.

Back