Hub Bearing Replacement: (5 Lug w/ABS)Steering Knuckle/Hub not sliding off axle shaft

Loves_Mazda

:
Mazda Tribute
I am attempting to replace the hub BEARING. I have successfully removed the axle nut, tie rod, etc... essentially have the steering knuckle/hub freed...EXCEPT, it is not sliding off the axle shaft. I have seen several You Tube videos, and the steering knuckle/hub slides off easily in all of them. I have even tried using a puller, and still no progress. HELP!

I had the same problem with driver side, no luck for me that axle is hell tight that only with a press will come out, somebody told me that I might need an axle and a hub justing case something goes wrong. If I'm lucky I can use the same parts, so looking for replacement right now, does anybody know any other option than stock ? Or I don't need to buy these parts.

Last edited:
i would take the axle out with it... must be a protege thing i had to do the same with mine when i did my bearings.... and had to press is out...

ohh i forgat ...when u install it back in just put some copper greasse in the spines so next time it wont freeze in there

^ yup thats what I did, came out like butter the last time I had to do them after changing the bearing. lol

on another note, dont cheap out on the bearings. mine lasted 5 months before I had to change them again.

Back