Adaptive Bi-Xenon headlight assembly

Water

:
CX-5
Hi guys,

It's my first Mazda car and very excited to see this forum where everyone is happy about the CX-5.

I ordered the CX-5 GS model more like Touring model for the states, reason I didn't go into GT is because I am thinking to upgrade the wheels and subwoofer separately and really don't need GPS or leather seats in car for the price of additional $4000-5000 in Canada to me it just doesn't make that much sense.
However I do want to mod the HID at least therefore I would like to know have any of you done it?
Dealer mentioned that it might ruin my warranty therefore I am wondering if possible to purchase OEM adaptive bi-xenon headlight assembly and swap the halogen light assembly, or should I just get a HID (say Philips brand) and just install Xenon normal HID and call it the day. Your opinion is very appreciated. thank you =)

i dont imagine you can just buy the adaptive assemblies and put them in, it ties into the steering system so unless those control connections are there and unused you wont get any movement

i dont imagine you can just buy the adaptive assemblies and put them in, it ties into the steering system so unless those control connections are there and unused you wont get any movement

yeah, I think dealer might be able to do this for me but it costs about same as the tech package that makes me wonder I should have purchased the GT =(
so I might have to go with HID mod? anybody done it yet? any suggesting on brand and maybe group buy?

dont know how the packages work for the great white north but the hids are part of the tech pack for the touring

dont know how the packages work for the great white north but the hids are part of the tech pack for the touring

Yeah you guys are very lucky in states to get the full package around $31000 grand touring model.
We would be roughly $41000 after tax. =(

I wonder any guys done the HID mod yet? would like to know which one to try on.
I can't wait to get a good stable one in hand without too much hassle with dealer, they might claim denying warranty due to HID. =(

For models without factory xenon lights, you can just purchase a standard hid kit and install it pretty easy since all cx-5 has projectors in the headlight housing. It's basic PnP and Mazdas projectors are very good from my experience. Kits include bulbs and ballasts... Very easy to do since cx-5 has lots of room in the engine bay

For models without factory xenon lights, you can just purchase a standard hid kit and install it pretty easy since all cx-5 has projectors in the headlight housing. It's basic PnP and Mazdas projectors are very good from my experience. Kits include bulbs and ballasts... Very easy to do since cx-5 has lots of room in the engine bay

Ya I think I might gave up on the adaptive headlight assembly and go with easy fix now, hid + ballast. but not sure which ones is good my local car shop offers no brand ones for around $80, not sure the quality don't want them to burn and cost mazda not covering any warranty =(

i have a base model and put these in http://www.extremebrightleds.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R-HID-H11. Took me 20mins.

then this kit worked well for the DRL
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/9005-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Lexus-IS-GS-SC-p/led_sku45_r4.htm

this is assuming that you have the stock halogen setup
the bulbs are different if you have the xenons

Cool, I checked the website does the kit come with Can bus ballast? or standard ones? how bright is the light? my other car has 6000k one but it is not as bright as other HID modded cars and the light is not as blueish or brighter and wider. =(
so I really want to get a good set this time.

DRL is something I want to get as well is it easier than HID to install? so if I go high beam then it's DRL light as well?

Thanks man for your help.

Hi guys,

It's my first Mazda car and very excited to see this forum where everyone is happy about the CX-5.

I ordered the CX-5 GS model more like Touring model for the states, reason I didn't go into GT is because I am thinking to upgrade the wheels and subwoofer separately and really don't need GPS or leather seats in car for the price of additional $4000-5000 in Canada to me it just doesn't make that much sense.
However I do want to mod the HID at least therefore I would like to know have any of you done it?
Dealer mentioned that it might ruin my warranty therefore I am wondering if possible to purchase OEM adaptive bi-xenon headlight assembly and swap the halogen light assembly, or should I just get a HID (say Philips brand) and just install Xenon normal HID and call it the day. Your opinion is very appreciated. thank you =)

Have you thought about doing a retro fit? (take oem parts from another car and fit them into your headlights)
Look at my post here on HIDs, scroll down for a list of some of the retro fitters.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Halogen-CX-5-(w-out-Tech-Package)-HELP!/page2

PM me if you are thinking about this.
Well see if we can get a multi car discount.

Back