Center Console Air Vents

jbowers45

:
Mazda CX-5 GT
Just curious if anyone has dials to shut off air flow to the center vents? The pics in the manual show these vertically next to the hazard but I have nothing there. No way to stop air flow. Not critical but would be nice.

Other than that....Love the car so far. Drove 4 hours to pick it up from a dealer out of the area.

Yeah, this bothered me as well. I found that if choose the air re-circulation button instead of outside air that seems to prevent the air from coming in via the center vents. I didn't check the manual if there is documentation on this, but this works for me on those cold mornings when I don't want anything blowing on me.

The picture in the start up menu shows the shut off dials...... Maybe they ran out during production....

None on my Grand Touring model (not that I missed them), did not notice until mentioned here.

Yeah, this bothered me as well. I found that if choose the air re-circulation button instead of outside air that seems to prevent the air from coming in via the center vents. I didn't check the manual if there is documentation on this, but this works for me on those cold mornings when I don't want anything blowing on me.

I believe this is what you are supposed to do. My Mazda 3 worked the same way!

Back