Back from Powder coating, CorkSport skid tray and MSP Valve cover

KMac

Zoomin' since 2003
:
Mazda Protege5, 02
Back from Powder coating, CorkSport skid tray and MSP Valve cover ***Installed***

Well got a couple of things Coated last week and will probably throw them on today some time. s*** I'm 41 and this makes me f-ing gitty.

[video]http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/user/KiellyMack/media/CSProtegeskidtray.mp4.html[/video]

CorkSport Skid tray, the yellow we did perfectly matches the car.
1de3221b.jpg

Here is the MSP valve cover. It was almost yellow because the guys doing the coating didn't read the order sheet close enough and coated it yellow. The only thing is the yellow would have discolored from the heat and red does not. So they re-did it this awesome red.
7f0424a4.jpg

Last edited:
Gave me an idea if I ever get one :) can't wait for installed pics

As stated before............ Install them already ;). Atleast the skidtray So I can get a better idea of what it looks like painted/coated installed..........

Rob

Well the weather is crappy hear in the Northwest so I should be in the shop tonight.

It is supposed to clear up today and be nice for the weekend so I don't want to hear any excuses ;)...... BTW you don't have to tell me about the NW weather :)

Rob

Sorry guys been working graveyard so motivation to get under the car has been nill. Tomorrow when I get up I will get-R-done. With pictures of course.

Finally got it installed. First link is a video of some issues I had. It looks great though. Now I just need to modify the back holes.

[video]http://s1215.beta.photobucket.com/user/KiellyMack/media/CSProtegeskidtray.mp4.html[/video]

CSSkidtray4.jpg

CSSkidtray.jpg

CSSkidtray2.jpg

CSSkidtray3.jpg

haha nice...you said 'tomorrow' almost a year ago...but glad you got it installed, i've been considering one of these as i've been running no splash shields for years...everytime i clean up the engine bay, it looks like crap the first time it rains...and my splash shields are who knows where...

is it easy to get on and off? probably a dumb question, but does it need to be removed to do oil changes? it almost looks like there is a hole to reach up to the oil filter?

is it easy to get on and off? probably a dumb question, but does it need to be removed to do oil changes? it almost looks like there is a hole to reach up to the oil filter?

Nope they have a perfect hole for the oil plug.
The hole is definitely big enough to get to the oil filter.

what is the metal those are made of? Wondering if I could get one and cut some different holes for the KL oil filter location and drain plug location.

That seems pretty sturdy and I may need something like it when I take my crossmember out for the turbo-piping.

Thanks for sharing! Looks great!

what is the metal those are made of? Wondering if I could get one and cut some different holes for the KL oil filter location and drain plug location.

That seems pretty sturdy and I may need something like it when I take my crossmember out for the turbo-piping.

Thanks for sharing! Looks great!

Made out of aluminum, very easy to cut and drill. It really is a beautiful piece even though it goes under the car and will take some damage.

Back