Rear wheel camber look odd to anyone?

Slayer33

:
2012 Mazda 5 GT
Just had a look at the rear wheels of the 5. I noticed that the camber looks quite pushed out.. is this normal for this car? I am thinking the inside tire wear will be pretty bad at this angle.

My car wasn't loaded with anything, so its not like it was sagging... any thoughts?

If you could post a picture that'd be helpful. I'll take a look @ mine tonight and see if it's the same or not.

Just found this quick picture online... you can tell even on this one.. especially on the drivers side.

Might be worse on mine, but it shouldn't be much different.

Rear.jpg

Last edited:
yup works fine now, thanks!. Picture's kind of dark so hard to tell but it looks pretty normal to me, maybe -0.5 offset. Take a look at the rear wheels for most "fun to drive" cars, like BMW's or other Mazda's, you'll notice the same thing.

Yup - that is normal.....make sure you rotate your tires at every oil change (8000km) otherwise it won't take long to destroy them!

Most cars are set from the factory with significant rear camber to make the understeer-loving lawyers happy. Toe is what wears tires for the most part. Even 2 degrees of negative camber will not have a significant effect on wear in my experience.

Last edited:
People have been talking obsessively since 2006 about this topic. It's normal. Just rotate your tires regularly. FYI, I put one size larger tires on my '09 and I don't see any noticeable camber issues.

Back