Loving our CX-5

:
Mazdaspeed6
We picked up a loaded Touring March, 10th. So far have about 3,500 miles on it. I LOVE the car. My old lady and I went on a big car shopping stint, as her car previous vehicle was beginning to give up the ghost. Looked at everything else that is comparable in the market, regarding price and features. Even sedans...

The only vehicle either us got excited about was the CX-5. It really just blows everything else away. There's just something about it...perhaps its "personality" or something. It is just overly appealing and different. Not to mention the overall driving experience is superior to any other CUV we drove, in addition to its other great features. Doesn't break the bank either!

I've been a member here a while, as I drive a Mazdaspeed 6 myself. Bought it new in 2006. The CX-5 is my third Mazda. My wife drives it to work daily. What can I say? I am jealous...

I was pushing for a loaded FWD GT. But, I don't care for leather. I really wanted the dual climate control...
Looked at a nice loaded GT in Sky Blue, but my old lady refused to buy in that color. Had some loaded white ones too, but she hates white. So, ended up with LSM. Yuck! But, it's her car, so whatever. lol!

Anyway, just wanted to check in. It seems pretty active in this section finally. There as only a few of us posting back in March. :)

Here's the CX-5:
IMG_20120311_172739.jpg

And the MS6:
IMG_20120323_194402-1.jpg

Ooooo, very nice! We were offered that color by the dealer only to find out it had been sold (was to be traded from across the state).

Did yours come with wheel locks?

LSM - "Yuck". Sky blue looks like a cartoon car. Tell your wife she made the right call on silver - it's timeless.

Ooooo, very nice! We were offered that color by the dealer only to find out it had been sold (was to be traded from across the state).

Did yours come with wheel locks?

It did indeed!

LSM - "Yuck". Sky blue looks like a cartoon car. Tell your wife she made the right call on silver - it's timeless.

LOL! You sound like her! Except she described Sky Blue as a "Hot Wheels" color. I guess I can buy that. But, to me, Sky Blue just further exlempifies a car that already has a lot of character.
Overall car color isn't important to me when car shopping, unless it is blatantly over the top, as in yellow. But, it's her car, so I didn't mind.
Anyway, it doesn't much matter. The way she treats her cars, it won't have any paint on it before long. lol!!

Thanks!

Our dealership promised us the moon and stars with every car they offered us, because every time we picked one from another dealership (looking for AWD so we had to look all over the state), they found out it had been sold. So the manager would say that the car came with XYZ, and then he'd double-check and find out it came with XBC instead. We were bouncing around so many cars and features that in the end they didn't even know what the car we picked actually had, other than the color and leather add. Our salesman said he'll talk to a friend in the parts department about getting us some free wheel locks, I'm not holding my breath though!

Back