Club Name Change.....

Should the Club Name be Changed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fireglow6

:
2012 Mazda 6 iSport
So for those keeping score... and Chris Huyler agrees.... there are less and less Protege's as the years go on... so Therefore I call for an official club name change!! I think we need to go with NEW ENGLAND MAZDA OWNERS CLUB. Some may disagree but I think this calls for a poll and the masses will win.... If not then we will leave it alone... Feel free to comment and yell at me for this but I think its time...

I'd like to start slipping cards on people's windshields again...and I just don't see how RX-8, Mazda3, and Mazda6 owners would be interested in joining a club that appears via name to be dedicated to a car that hasn't been in production for 7 years. It's about the people, not the name...so lets change the name to something that will attract more people!

tony gets rid of the p5 and now hes trying to change the world. offensive sir! :)

Agreed!! As a nePOc member I feel very offended!! Even if I am a NEW member..... hahahah

Truth be told. I was SHOCKED when I first saw the link. It definitely SHOULD NOT be nepoc, Its very generalized rather than all inclusive...

As an honorary member of NEPOC, I am a "traditionalist" and would hope that the heritage would mean a lot to not only the founding members, but new members as well.

I had a NEMOC sticker on my car 2-3 years ago as a joke.... funny that this is being brought up now. Either way is fine but i do agree with the NEMOC might get more mazdas involved.

Well it sounds like only one person voted to keep it....but the bigger disappointment is that there ate only 12 votes. I guess the name doesn't matter of the club has disbanded.

tony gets rid of the p5 and now hes trying to change the world. offensive sir! :)

haha...i still have a protege too! for how long not sure though...so anyway, just saw this thread (been busy selling a house) not a founding member, but pretty close, i go back with chris, the early days 2002...so i'm not opposed to the name change because really i'm not sentimental about it, but i understand how new folks would be less likely to join in the fun seeing neProtegeoc in the name. so i'm a "don't care either way" and will proudly display NEPOC and NEMOC if that's what's decided.

haha...i still have a protege too! for how long not sure though...so anyway, just saw this thread (been busy selling a house) not a founding member, but pretty close, i go back with chris, the early days 2002...so i'm not opposed to the name change because really i'm not sentimental about it, but i understand how new folks would be less likely to join in the fun seeing neProtegeoc in the name. so i'm a "don't care either way" and will proudly display NEPOC and NEMOC if that's what's decided.

This!! Ok so its a month today.... I think the vote, while not very many have, says ok for the name chage... and it already says New England Mazda Owners Club on the forum under NEPOC....

the last time this came up we had many "founding/old" members that were against the change, but many of them aren't on here much if t all anymore.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I understand this is a big deal to some...I'm happy to change it and I think it's a good idea...It's important to keep your identity updated and thus relevant while maintaining your core values...Mazdas247 started out with the main domain being MazdaMP3.com...Then MSProtege.com & Mazda Forums...Now our main domain and name is Mazdas247...Although we've changed our name several times our core values have / will always been maintained!

Congratulations on the updated name, NEMOC! (rockon)

the heritage will always mean a lot to all of us... This is still the same club. Just updated name to hopefully pull in new people. I will always proudly rock my NEPOC stickers!!

Same here...but now now its time for some NEMOC stickers! There's a guy down the street that makes stickers. I'll see if I can get a batch of them made up. Same font desired right? ...to keep with the heritage :)

Yea Chris that is how we will keep the heritage... Same font... New Name... game is the same....!!

see below
image.php

Back