View Poll Results: Should the Club Name be Changed?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes NEMOC it is!!

7 53.85%
  • No NEPOC it Stays!!

2 15.38%
  • I don't care either way!

4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Club Name Change.....

2012 Mazda 6 iSport

Post Club Name Change.....

So for those keeping score... and Chris Huyler agrees.... there are less and less Protege's as the years go on... so Therefore I call for an official club name change!! I think we need to go with NEW ENGLAND MAZDA OWNERS CLUB. Some may disagree but I think this calls for a poll and the masses will win.... If not then we will leave it alone... Feel free to comment and yell at me for this but I think its time...
    Name: Tony
    Car: 2012 Mazda6 iSport...Fireglow Red , black interior, 6 Speed manual!
    Mods: Blacked out badges... Evil M rear badge....
    2007 Mazda CX-9 Sport, Crystal White Pearl Mica!
    *~*R.I.P Uncle Dicky! You will be missed!! We love you very much! 7/27/62-2/1/11~*~

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

I'd like to start slipping cards on people's windshields again...and I just don't see how RX-8, Mazda3, and Mazda6 owners would be interested in joining a club that appears via name to be dedicated to a car that hasn't been in production for 7 years. It's about the people, not the name...so lets change the name to something that will attract more people!

2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

tony gets rid of the p5 and now hes trying to change the world. offensive sir!

03 MSP Black Mica #86

Quote Originally Posted by reut1 View Post
    Agreed!! As a nePOc member I feel very offended!! Even if I am a NEW member..... hahahah

Truth be told. I was SHOCKED when I first saw the link. It definitely SHOULD NOT be nepoc, Its very generalized rather than all inclusive...

We're Zoomin' You! Perro del Sol's Avatar

2003 MSP, Spicy Orange, 2004 Mazda 6 Hatch, 2004 Mazda 6 Wagon

As an honorary member of NEPOC, I am a "traditionalist" and would hope that the heritage would mean a lot to not only the founding members, but new members as well.
    2003 MSP Spicy Orange #1151- "Zoom freakin' Zoom"

Injen CAI (black), Yellow Calipers G2 System, Carbon Fiber Tower Brace, Red Line MT-90 Tranny Fluid, Custom FMIC-Big 3 Racing , Motegi F-7 Wheels , wrapped in Yokohama Parada Spec II's 215/40/17, SU Complete set of Motor Mounts, BC Coilovers, Adjustable End Links (front & rear),Power Slot Rotors, Techna Fit SS Brake Lines, Cobalt Friction XR-3 and XR-5 Pads, Russell Speed Bleeders, Mishimoto Radiator, Haltech Platinum Sport 1000, Disco Potato upgrade
    ATE Super Blue Brake fluid, (Kosei K-1 TS (painted yellow) w/ Kumho V710's 225/45/17) & Enkei RPF-1's 17 X 8 Black w /Toyo 888's 235/40/17 or B F Goodrich R-1's-NASA Time Trials, Apexcone 6000K HID's, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost and Electronic Controller & Boost Guage & AEM Digital Oil Pressure Gauge , Turbosmart Black Dual BOV, Custom 3" turbo-back exhaust (Patel Engineering), Findanza Lightweight Flywheel and Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Wiseco Pistons, K-1 Rods- NASA TTD #327 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege

2013 i-Moto/MOCO Mazdaspeed 3-Crystal White Pearl-Bi-Color w/Tech Package-JBR Stage II Power Path SRI Intake ( White), Mishimoto OCC, JBR Tru-Torsion .250 "Fat Boy" RSB w/ Tri-Point adjustable end links, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Yellowspeed Coilovers, CP-e's Stage2 xFlex Wishbone Mount/Black, CP-e's TMIC, Autotech HPFP, COBB AP V3, JBR Shift Knob, Shifter Plate & Bushings, Camber Arms, EGR Delete, CP-e CBE w/ Black Tips

I had a NEMOC sticker on my car 2-3 years ago as a joke.... funny that this is being brought up now. Either way is fine but i do agree with the NEMOC might get more mazdas involved.

2012 Mazda 6 iSport

Forget it...
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Well it sounds like only one person voted to keep it....but the bigger disappointment is that there ate only 12 votes. I guess the name doesn't matter of the club has disbanded.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by reut1 View Post
    haha...i still have a protege too! for how long not sure though...so anyway, just saw this thread (been busy selling a house) not a founding member, but pretty close, i go back with chris, the early days 2002...so i'm not opposed to the name change because really i'm not sentimental about it, but i understand how new folks would be less likely to join in the fun seeing neProtegeoc in the name. so i'm a "don't care either way" and will proudly display NEPOC and NEMOC if that's what's decided.

2012 Mazda 6 iSport

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    haha...i still have a protege too! for how long not sure though...so anyway, just saw this thread (been busy selling a house) not a founding member, but pretty close, i go back with chris, the early days 2002...so i'm not opposed to the name change because really i'm not sentimental about it, but i understand how new folks would be less likely to join in the fun seeing neProtegeoc in the name. so i'm a "don't care either way" and will proudly display NEPOC and NEMOC if that's what's decided.
    This!! Ok so its a month today.... I think the vote, while not very many have, says ok for the name chage... and it already says New England Mazda Owners Club on the forum under NEPOC....

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

the last time this came up we had many "founding/old" members that were against the change, but many of them aren't on here much if t all anymore.

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

Quote Originally Posted by Perro del Sol View Post
    As an honorary member of NEPOC, I am a "traditionalist" and would hope that the heritage would mean a lot to not only the founding members, but new members as well.
    +1
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

Founder

Blog Entries
    I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I understand this is a big deal to some...I'm happy to change it and I think it's a good idea...It's important to keep your identity updated and thus relevant while maintaining your core values...Mazdas247 started out with the main domain being MazdaMP3.com...Then MSProtege.com & Mazda Forums...Now our main domain and name is Mazdas247...Although we've changed our name several times our core values have / will always been maintained!

Congratulations on the updated name, NEMOC!

2012 Mazda 6 iSport

the heritage will always mean a lot to all of us... This is still the same club. Just updated name to hopefully pull in new people. I will always proudly rock my NEPOC stickers!!

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Same here...but now now its time for some NEMOC stickers! There's a guy down the street that makes stickers. I'll see if I can get a batch of them made up. Same font desired right? ...to keep with the heritage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast