1st mod - EZ Lip

fusion360

:
CX-5 Touring AWD Moonroof & Bose package
Front Bumper Lip Mod from EZ Lip

I contacted EZ Lip.com and they shipped me out a free lip in exchange for pictures. Here's what I sent them..

Attachments

• IMG_6377 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6377 (Large).JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 5,769
  • IMG_6378 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6378 (Large).JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,277
  • IMG_6382 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6382 (Large).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 3,560
  • IMG_6385 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6385 (Large).JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 3,886
  • IMG_6372 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6372 (Large).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,860
Last edited:
Is that garage door seal?? Jeebers...all the kids were doing that a few years back. Pick up at Home Depot for a few bucks.

Looks great, ill get some next week for mine! Question, how long did the adhesion last ? any issues with it coming unstuck ? does it still look good, any issues ?

Wow... Never once would i think someone would use a garage door sealer as a lip on a CX-5. Looks horrible, especially with those creases following the curve of the bumper. Must look hilarious flapping around in the wind. Funny how it's named "EZ Lip" too.

Looks cool, but for me I am not sure it's worth messing with the stock aerodynamics of the car.

Some would like to say that it has minimal impact on aerodynamics.

But then they add window visors, sunroof visor, roof rack, hood moustache, aggressive offset and wider wheels, wider tires and a front bumper lip and it does have a significant (unfavorable) impact on aerodynamics.

No matter how many times I look at the pics I still have no idea what we are looking at. (uhm)

hmm i think this would be good for side skirt of the car . but with the front there's too many curved and uneven edge. if yu kno wat i meen .

For those like myself who weren't overly impressed with the photos that the OP posted, I found a couple of photos of this sort of rubber lip on a GT model. It's also attached at a slightly different angle (more flatter rather than straight down), which I think adds to its appeal.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

Of course this mod may not have much longevity, especially when it comes to car washes, but it sure looks more appealing in these photos! (boom01)

Last edited:
Back