Product Release! CorkSport Mazda2 Skid Tray

Gwynne_

CorkSport is happy to announce the release of our new Skid Tray for the 2011+ Mazda 2!

The newly engineered CorkSport Mazda 2 Skid Tray will provide solid protection against rocks and road debris to prevent damage from occurring on key components of the vehicles undercarriage. The one piece design offers a more complete seal to handle harsh conditions and improve the aerodynamics of the engine bay.

Skid1.jpg

The CorkSport Mazda 2 Skid Tray has been made from anodized aluminum to provide maximum protection while adding minimal weight to the body of the vehicle and includes metal support brackets that bolt to the vehicles structure for added rigidity.

The CorkSport Mazda 2 Skid Tray provides much needed protection to the undercarriage of my Mazda 2, said CorkSport customer Brendan Hughes, This is a must have for any Mazda 2 owner that may experience harsh driving or weather conditions. If youre lowered or plan on lowering your Mazda 2, This skid tray is an absolute must!

skid2.jpg

As with all CorkSport products, the CorkSport Mazda 2 Skid Tray comes with all of needed installation hardware, full color installation instructions and video installation support, knowledgeable telephone support and a full two year warranty. It can be purchased today for $229.00 from CorkSports online catalog at http://www.corksport.com

amazing protection!

i had my first scrape yesterday due some grooves in the road being extremely deep... scared the hell out of me, but the tray saved my oil pan!

74c35542.jpg

I saw this was available for the protege. Seems like a cool idea. I always seem to want to inspect the underside with a flashlight after a "risky" encounter with something in the road.

It is a great upgrade for the Mazda 2 since there is nothing under the car from the factory.

-Derrick

The skidtray with all of the hardware weighs in at 16lbs.

-Derrick

Thanks Derrick! I'll be ordering one before the end of summer (hopefully). I'm curious to see if the front end will feel any tighter.

We cannot be sure if it will work or not. If you get can get a picture from the front underneath showing the pipe path we should be able to answer yes or no.

-Derrick

Install tip for those not familair with riv-nuts:

Corksport has a link to a good video in the intructions. Keep in mind it does not take as much force as it appears to in the video to tighten the riv-nut. He has a large wrench and a better angle (compared to under the car) so I figured I'd have to crank pretty good on the riv-nut. Its only a 10mm bolt and WILL break if over-tightened. Its also not easy to tell when to stop on the first nut.

BTW It IS clearly stated in the instructions not to over-tighten the riv-nut...but somehow I skipped to the video and overlooked that part. CS has fantastic customer service and I got not one but two different people on the phone to help me out in no time.

Install tip for those not familair with riv-nuts:

Corksport has a link to a good video in the intructions. Keep in mind it does not take as much force as it appears to in the video to tighten the riv-nut. He has a large wrench and a better angle (compared to under the car) so I figured I'd have to crank pretty good on the riv-nut. Its only a 10mm bolt and WILL break if over-tightened. Its also not easy to tell when to stop on the first nut.

BTW It IS clearly stated in the instructions not to over-tighten the riv-nut...but somehow I skipped to the video and overlooked that part. CS has fantastic customer service and I got not one but two different people on the phone to help me out in no time.

Did you chase up a new bolt without too much trouble?

-Derrick

Yup. I'm very fortunate to have a small family owned hardware store near the house that has a fantastic selection of fasteners. I was having trouble drilling out the bolt remains and a local mechanic I know said he somehow used a knife (!?!) to back out the bolt from the riv-nut which I luckily didn't butcher too bad. I didn't have time to finish the install, but I did successfully get the rest of the riv-nuts in. Should be smooth sailing when I have time to finish it up.

Latest posts

Back