Bluetooth Audio Problems

DennyCrane

:
2012 Mazda 3 GT Sedan
I recently upgraded my 2010 Mazda 3 GS to a 2012 Mazda 3 GT. Both had the Bluetooth audio/phone system, but the 2012 doesn't behave quite the same way. I have my BlackBerry set to shuffle music, which works fine up until the point where I try and control the device from my car audio system. In other words as soon as I use the skip track button either on the steering wheel or on the dash, the BlackBerry stops shuffling songs, and starts playing them in alphabetical order by song name (starting off wherever the current song was in the alphabet). If I skip tracks from the device itself it continues to shuffle, but as soon as I use the car controls it stops the shuffle (I actually see the shuffle option turn off on the device).

This was not a problem on my 2010 GS, so I'm a bit disappointed that this is happening on my 2012. On a positive note the 2012 has a computer screen to display the artist, song, and album name (2010 did not). Thinking it may have been an issue with the firmware on my BlackBerry, I upgraded it to a newer version, but this didn't help.

So my questions are, is this by design? And is there anything I can do about it? Does Mazda ever do software updates that the dealer could load for me?

No one? To add to this, I can see on the car audio display that 'RDM' (random) is displayed when music is playing. If I use the controls on the phone it stays that way, but as soon as I try to change tracks from the dash or steering wheel, the 'RDM' disappears.

I decided to email Mazda Canada to see if they could provide some advice. This is the response I got:

Mazda Canada said:
Good day ******,

Thank you for your taking the time to write to Mazda Canada Inc. We welcome correspondence from Mazda owners and are pleased to offer clarification whenever possible.
We would recommend that you contact your local Mazda dealer, since they are better placed to assist you with technical questions.
We appreciate your time and efforts in bringing this to our attention, and look forward to future opportunities of serving you as a valued Mazda customer.

Best regards,

******-Customer Relations
Mazda Canada Inc

Not very helpful.

Back