Is this a good deal?

xitoxic

Contributor
:
2003 Protege5
So i found a guy on craiglist selling his Tokiko blues with eibach sportline springs off of his mazdaspeed protege for 150$ sounds like a great deal but he sais they have about 10k miles on them, is that decent wear or are they about to be gone? also the drive to get there is about 2 hours, 1 hour to meet him half way. Im not even sure if they would fit my P5, would they?

if they are ACTUAL sportline springs, those alone would be worth the price. and, 10k miles on tokico HP blues (if they are ACTUAL hp blue struts, and not MSP struts) really isn't that much. actual tokico HP's have a lifetime warranty.

I think rear struts for msp's do not fit the p5. Something about how the ride isn't level or something.

I think rear struts for msp's do not fit the p5. Something about how the ride isn't level or something.

they will physically fit just fine. and, in my opinion, with the sportline springs, the stance will be slightly raked. i think it will look fine.

I have 150k on my stock blues on the front if that tells you anything. Also they will fit fine but due to the extra weight in the rear on the p5 it will probly be pretty even. If you don't want them get them and sell them to me for 200

i was told anything aftermarket from msp to p5 works well. but yeah something about the STOCK msp suspension wont fit on p5 in refference to springs or shocks i beleive it was

The rear perch on msp springs is a bit higher that's it. But if there's only 10k on them I doubt it's msp struts it's probly regular blues. Everything is interchangeable between sedan p5 mp3 and msp as far as suspension

dudes, the stock MSP suspension will physically fit into the protege5. it will bolt right in with no problems. the rear spring perch on the MSP struts is slightly higher, and with the sport lines, the protege5 will have a slight rake just like stock, albeit 2" lower.

thanks guy isn't texting at the moment....hoping he isn't backing out or something. but its funny cause my mom wont let me lower the P5 (sad), but i cant just let this pass

Back