Cheap tires at Discount Tire Direct

ajent420

:
2012 Mazda 2 Sport
So, they have a $100 rebate on a set of 4 tires for the next 3 days. I'm looking for some 195/50 tires and have been pretty set on the Yokohama S Drives, but looking at some other options, does anyone know anything about the Nitto NT 450s?

With a rebate like that, we're looking at 4 tires for ~ $250. Even with $80 (est.) install, this is the lowest price I've seen in a long time.

Any input on the available tires in this size (quickly :D) would be appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/searchTiresBySize.do?ar=50&rd=15&cs=195

It depends what you're planning on doing with the car.

If you're not autocrossing or tracking the car, anything should be fine. The S.Drives will be a noticeable improvement over stock. They're known for having a kinda flexible sidewall and not being the grippiest, but if you're just chillin' it doesn't really matter. It might be worth looking at the Direzzas if all you're looking for is something wider and cooler looking, since they're a bit cheaper.

If you ARE going to be competing in the car, none of the options they're showing in 195/50 are going to be right. The BFG g-Force Sport Comp 2s are available in 195/55 and might be an option. They're really new so there aren't that many reviews out there yet. In 205/50, you can get the Falken RT-615Ks, which overheat quickly according to most drivers, and the Kumho Ecsta XSs, which are awesome in the dry but not so much in the rain. The best tires for this car are the Dunlop Z1 Star Specs in 195/50 or /55, but unfortunately they don't sell them at Discount Tire Direct.

Tirerack has some OEM size Kumho's for like $292 for the set and there is a $50 rebate too.

I would honestly just head up to a discount/America's tire and let them know what you found through direct and they'll work you out a good deal, And then you wouldn't have to worry about paying extra for installation or rebalances, rotos, or flat repairs in the future.

yeah my Discount tire by North Gate said they would price match them, but then it's still $20 to balance/mount. Plus if I did that, I would still have to pay tax.

I pulled the trigger yesterday on some S Drives...$392 shipped no tax (could have been $348, but I opted for the certs for repair/replacement)

$100 rebate puts me @ $292 + $88 for M/B (on $80 in WA = ~$88)

$380 all said and done.

Tirerack is $391 shipped (+ M/B @ $88) currently

Just a heads up for you guys. I can get tires for the same prices or less. Even free shipping. Ask me first if you need tires! :)

Hey not for nothing, but anyone looking for a decent cheap tire for DD purposes, I just bought 4 MAXXIS MA-P1 in size 185/55r15 at Pep Boys for $350 installed. I am using stoclk steel rims. You have to buy them on the pep boys website to get that price.

Smooth ride and they are MUCH quieter than the Yoko Avids I had on there. I am thrilled with the quieter ride.
40,000 miles tread guarantee.

2011 Mazda2 sport automatic w/ 43k miles. Daily driver

Back