On the water...

Still can't get the boat name from them. I suspect it was never on a boat. I caved and accepted a different color exterior and interior that they do have in stock just so I can get the thing and be done with it. Should be picking it up tomorrow. A bit depressed as I wanted the stormy blue/sand interior, but I'm happy to just be over with this.

NYCTravis, what color combo did you end up with?
I was just about at the same point as you, trying to decide what other color I'd be willing to get when I found a stormy blue on the mazda usa site that was on its way to my neck of the woods. On the bright side, when you're driving, you don't really notice the color!

LOL! You have *no* idea how much your post helped. :) I was really getting depressed about this. I wanted stormy blue/sand cloth but said ok to black exterior/black interior. I just loved the stormy blue color and am sad I won't be getting it but I do still like black. And, as you said, I won't notice it when I'm driving! ha. OTOH, I will notice the interior and my yellow lab's fur will definitely be standing out against the black interior. I think I can work with it though with some creative solutions. All in all, I'm just relieved to be getting it after having foolishly written out a check for the full price.

Same here in northern California and Silicon Valley, only seen 1 other CX-5 besides mine.

I hope your CX-5's arrive soon.

It's funny, the first day we went out with ours we came out of the theater and there was another white one sitting in the parking lot and then stopped on the way home and there was a silver one in that parking lot. Since then I haven't seen anymore.

It's funny, the first day we went out with ours we came out of the theater and there was another white one sitting in the parking lot and then stopped on the way home and there was a silver one in that parking lot. Since then I haven't seen anymore.

As of today, I have seen a total of 4 or 5 others besides mine since purchasing mine in mid-March. Yes, these are still very rare.

LOL! You have *no* idea how much your post helped. :) I was really getting depressed about this. I wanted stormy blue/sand cloth but said ok to black exterior/black interior. I just loved the stormy blue color and am sad I won't be getting it but I do still like black. And, as you said, I won't notice it when I'm driving! ha. OTOH, I will notice the interior and my yellow lab's fur will definitely be standing out against the black interior. I think I can work with it though with some creative solutions. All in all, I'm just relieved to be getting it after having foolishly written out a check for the full price.

Couldn't you ask for a refund, or put a stop payment on the check and look somewhere else? To be honest, it doesn't matter what color the seats are, the floor is still black and you will still see a ton of hair. And just because it blends in on the seat surface, doesn't mean its not there. Its still going to get on your clothes and be a nuisance. So no matter what, look forward to a lot of vacuuming. A lent roller does wonders too!!

The contract had a time on it in small print so we couldn't ask for a refund for awhile. It's very convoluted and involved and I've already hijacked the thread enough so I will just leave it at that. I'm more upset that the dealer wasn't totally honest and upfront and we got to the point that we just wanted to get the new vehicle and be on with it. I'm really glad to hear the perspectives about interior color not mattering so much in regards to the dog hair, as I actually like both colors personally and was only wanting the sand color for the dog hair. But it sounds like it won't be such a big deal and I'm greatly relieved by your posts! I am disappointed to not get the stormy blue exterior, but I do like black so hopefully I will be over it in a few days and enjoying my new CX-5 tomorrow!

Couldn't you ask for a refund, or put a stop payment on the check and look somewhere else? To be honest, it doesn't matter what color the seats are, the floor is still black and you will still see a ton of hair. And just because it blends in on the seat surface, doesn't mean its not there. Its still going to get on your clothes and be a nuisance. So no matter what, look forward to a lot of vacuuming. A lent roller does wonders too!!

Exactly, I'd rather see the hair and see when cleaning it up. yeeccchhh.

Glad to hear the car is almost here. The black interior in the long run will be more practical, especially for a dog owner, etc.

Put the dog in a cage, Problem solved.

Unless the dog is crate trained, he'll be pulling out HIS hair before he got out of his driveway. LOL I don't think the crate my dog use to be confined to would even fit in a CX5.

Not as foolish as you might think, there are dealers out there who are tattooing price stickers just because of how limited they are currently...and Mazda does a good job IMHO with pricing overall, especially with the CX-5.

I also have a dog, golden retreiver, that sheds lots of hair and as such needs grooming frequently. You will definitely, in my opinion and experience, prefer black seats. Something to protect the seats, like a blanket made especially for dogs that fit tightly into the seats is also a very good investment, but I suppose you might have already something like this.

As for the crate, even if mine is trained for it and the one I'm using would fit with the backseats folded down, it would also need to be securely tightened to not move during driving. I'm not getting into this, she's fine with her seatbelt and blanket on the back seat.

BTW, I don't know how it looks for sales in your parts of the world, but my dealer here said to me that they won't get any more CX-5 until next October for those that haven't bought/ordered theirs yet

Picked up the new CX-5 yesterday and drove 500 miles in two days. Love it! I'm ok with the black/black and your perspectives really helped me look at the black interior in a better light. Now that I have it I'm just so happy to finally get it. You can see some of the pics here (including my now infamous dog!).

Speaking of a crate, she would promptly tell me off and likely eject me from the drivers seat if I tried to put her in a crate in the back! She's too happy with her own back seat and window, as you can see in one of the pics. :)

Last edited:
Back