CX-5 Sport - rear cup holders?

jkiddtx

I know this is a first world problem, but when test driving we liked the manual CX-5 sport. Had leather added and we were good with it. I then had some people ride with us, and this will be more common, and we found that there are no rear cup holders in the rear of the sport.

Is there a non-ugly aftermarket solution or what to do as this seems to be a cumbersome problem when travelling with other people with us. It seems that the sport rear seat is different, I knew it folded different, but not a single rear cup holder seems very odd.

Any ideas?

There are cup holders in all the doors. This is not perfect for travel mugs or McDonald's cups but more like bottles of water or pop. It works perfect for my kids...

Do I remember correctly, does the fold-down rear center armrest have cup holders?...

Agreed, no fast food in any of my cars.

No rear center armrest in the sport. I do not normally count cupholders, my miata has 2 that are not used. My 4runner has more than you can count or will ever need. Just odd for no rear cupholders at all. Those door cubbys are more a nuisance than usable if someone wants a cup of coffee.

I'm looking into adding leather as well. We added leather to our Yukon through the dealer and it was reasonably priced compared to the factory leather. Better quality (thicker). Katzkin as well. Will get an estimate soon. When I do I'll post it. Gotta go to the big city!

Leather pictures, sorry for the delay in getting them and bad cell phone quality.

19aff28e.jpg

ac3e60f9.jpg

6f81b890.jpg

I am guessing no one has ideas on rear cup holders. I do not want to bastardize the center console or use mounting screws, but as more people ride with me this becomes more of an issue.

The leather was right at 1000 installed. I'm sure I could have bought it less and installed it myself, but with the S Plan pricing I walked out with leather for 21,800. Not bad as they were not budging off sticker on the manual sport calling it "Rare" (eyeballs).

Not a bad deal. That looks like nice quality leather and to have it custom stitched for the car must take some time.

I purchased a GS and added leather, Nav and Remote start for $2000. I think they offered leather for $1300 by itself. Seats already have heaters in the GS so not sure on adding it but I think they said they could.

I hate to say this but I think there is a MAJOR MAJOR safety issue in having NON-factory seat covers. There is a side air bag in those seats! Katzkin seat covers do have special provisioning for air bag cars but do you know for sure if some run of the mill local trim shop that did those seats put break away stitching and a pocket for the airbag like Katzkin? I would guess no. I would definetly check with the shop and dealer (I wouldn't trust the dealer, only the trim shop's word.)

Back