Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Key Fob Battery.

2013 Mazda CX-5

I don't believe there is, but I do not have the option on my CX-5 so I do not know for sure. It might be in the owners manual but when I read mine I did not see anything in there about disabling it. Look at your vehicle setup under your stereo options as well.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel Tech Pack

G'day Josh

This from the manual:
    "NOTE
    The advanced keyless entry system functions can be deactivated to prevent any possible adverse effect on a user wearing a pacemaker or other medical device. If the system is deactivated, you will be unable to start the engine by carrying the key. Consult an Authorized Mazda Dealer for details. If the advanced keyless entry system has been deactivated, you can start the engine by following the procedure indicated when the key
    battery goes dead."

Seems it can be disabled, whether it can be re-enabled easily is another story.

Cheers

2013 Mazda CX-5

That would make me believe it is an option then, hopefully it is one that you can trigger on and off yourself and does not require a tech to do it!

Mazda CX-5 GT Deisel

thanks, I'll ask the dealer but it doesn't sound like it'll be easy to switch on/off

Registered Member

Mazda, Gran Touring

Key Fob battery replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
    It is also in the Manual. You would remove the key and use a slotted screwdriver with tape on it to pry up on the inside edge which will snap that side up. You can use that gap to run your tapped slotted screw driver along the gap to snap open the rest. Once open there is a round battery door you can pop open with the same slotted screwdriver. The battery compartment has a rubber ring in it to help seal the battery compartment from dust and moisture. When you put it back together make sure you put the rubber ring in and pushed down all the way and then place the circle cover back on. It is be a tight fit and air pressure might make it pop up. Once the fob back is on it wont do this and will keep the door pressed down. When you put the fob cover back on, make sure to latch the top first then go down the right or left side, then the other side and it will all snap into place. there should be a clean line all the way around.

I did not need to replace the battery but I wanted to go through the steps and it worked just fine.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GS AWD

Here a video instructions from Mazda USA on how to start the car in case the battery in the fob is dead. Some others turtorial video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKR6E...i6WpsjD4nE7_Su

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5

I replaced the battery in both key fobs but the flashing "key battery low" indicator won't turn off. Does anyone know of a way to stop the red warning light from flashing? Or is there something else going on?

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD 2.0L

Quote Originally Posted by rgeisz View Post
    I replaced the battery in both key fobs but the flashing "key battery low" indicator won't turn off. Does anyone know of a way to stop the red warning light from flashing? Or is there something else going on?
    Probably a bad batch of batteries or old batteries. I had the same issue but switching to fresher batteries solved the problem.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Hello, I just bought a 2017 CX-9.
    I've had it off the lot for no more than 48 hours and I went to start it today and received the following message: "Key Fob Battery Low. Hold Key Close to Start Button"
    There's no way the battery could have gone bad in 48 hours? What would cause this?
    Thanks so much for your time.
    -Matt
    P.S. Here is a photo: https://ibb.co/gUmLMG
    Last edited by warren8r; 10-12-2017 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Added link to photo

2013 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by warren8r View Post
    I've had it off the lot for no more than 48 hours and I went to start it today and received the following message: "Key Fob Battery Low. Hold Key Close to Start Button"
    There's no way the battery could have gone bad in 48 hours? What would cause this?
    -Matt
    Just like you can get a light bulb that goes right away. It happens. Most likely a bad battery. Replace the battery at the dealership they will do it for free because you just got it or got to local store and get the battery and replace it. If it happens again then you have a defective remote or you are sitting on your key and draining the battery. Simple fixes

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Key Fob Battery.

Quote Originally Posted by warren8r View Post
    -Matt
    Make sure to try both of your key fobs. If both key fobs have the same issue, you may have more serious problems. Take your new CX-9 for either new key fob battery or new push-botton start system.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Hello Caspan, thanks so much for taking the time.
    Strangely, I drove the rest of the evening with the same key and no issues??
    Even today, no issues? Maybe the battery is starting to go dead?
    Thanks again!
    Matt

Registered Member

Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Make sure to try both of your key fobs. If both key fobs have the same issue, you may have more serious problems. Take your new CX-9 for either new key fob battery or new push-botton start system.
    Thank you so much for taking the time, yrwei52.
    I am going to keep an eye on it. I haven't had issues since, but I am going to bring it up to the dealer.
    Thanks again,

Matt

Registered Member

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD

Just got my key fob battery replaced at the dealer for $5.00.

Registered Member

2015 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD

I am on my second CX-5, (2013 & 2015) and have a pacemaker, and defibrillator. No problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12