Tomtom navigation - Displaying POI Details

JockC

:
CX-5 Diesel GT with Tech Pack
I am aware of the POI settings and have mine set up so that it displays certain POIs on the general display (eg restaurants, fuel stations, airports etc).

With all previous SatNAV systems that I've owned, I've been able to touch on a displayed POI to get further details such as the name of the establishment, address details etc.
On some GPS systems, I've even been able to phone the establishment directly from the displayed information.

I can do none of the above with the CX5 TomTom system. Each time I touch on a POI, I just get the Settings menu. Am I missing something here or is that feature simply not available on the CX5 Tomtom unit?

It seems a little pointless having the POIs displayed if you can't easilly determine what those POIs are.

I haven't checked on the CX-5 but every other TomTom device I have used does what your referring to, even calling said POI.
I'll have a look and report back.

I had a look and it seems that you're correct. They can't be used in that manner. Its strange as the names and phone numbers are stored in the unit. It'll will even ask for a phone number when creating a new POI. I believe there are 2 models of the satnav, the NB1 and the NB1 Live. My guess is that the AUDM models have the NB1 and don't have full functionality. Maybe its just a software update thats needed?

Back