Safety Ratings - Mazda3 (IIHS)

Wow seems the 3 and CX-5 are the only ones with GOOD head restraints across the board. Safety is a big issue for (as I'm a Volvo owner), I'm glad that the 2010 MZ3 i-Touring that I had was a very safe car. Nice to see the safety ratings for the CX-5 since my wife wants one of those.

This is all i have to say about the rating on 2010 mazda 3's. Hit the tree at about 45 and i walked out with only an airbag scrape on my right arm. Picked up my plate at the salvage yard the next morning. It was either aim for the tree or flip over the median into oncoming traffic. I'm pretty sure i did what i could. i even pushed my hazards on while in mid slide so the people behind me didnt hit me when i bounced off the tree.
rsz_dsc00590.jpg

Mazda pays attention. Nuff said

The car is toast, but I'm glad occupants are ok.

This is all i have to say about the rating on 2010 mazda 3's. Hit the tree at about 45 and i walked out with only an airbag scrape on my right arm. Picked up my plate at the salvage yard the next morning. It was either aim for the tree or flip over the median into oncoming traffic. I'm pretty sure i did what i could. i even pushed my hazards on while in mid slide so the people behind me didnt hit me when i bounced off the tree.
View attachment 193995

Mazda pays attention. Nuff said

Damn, glad everyone was ok! One of the selling points for me with the Mazda 3 was the fact the car was built with Ford/Volvo and it looks like some of the Volvo safety features trickled its way down into the solid safety rating for the MZ3.

Back