CX-5 Oil Change with Filter

I wonder if Mazda would have a warranty issue with these on a CX 5?

How would that happen? I thought as long as the prescribed maintenance was performed, they have to honor it. They can't specify that you must use OEM parts unless I'm mistaken. Please correct me if that's wrong.

Funny, I thought they were off shoots of Scion, being a genuine Toyota. I was looking at a Yaris a few months ago when I found my Xb. I wonder if Mazda would have a warranty issue with these on a CX 5?
Its funny youre looking for a Toyota Scion / Yaris too? Aye you used to have VWs like me? ;)

Scion iA in 2016 and Toyota Yaris iA in 2017 ~ 2018 are different from Scion Xb and other Yaris. For 2019, Toyota Yaris all are Mazda2 from Mexico with different L、LE、XLE trim levels like other Toyota models. The real Toyota made Yaris is gone from US market. iAs are always the rebadged Mazda2 and many Toyota OEM parts for iA are from Mazda like the oil filter. My new 2018 Yaris iA bought used has only 3,180 miles, but one key fob is missing. A new key fob with push-button start including programming from Toyota dealer would cost me over $500! May be Toyota wants to recoup the cost of buying Mazda computers and equipments for service!

The key fob looks just like the Mazda key fob only with a Toyota logo:

attachment.php

A86400BD-D866-45F6-AE7C-7920D56A3915.jpeg

Attachments

• 5047C953-4A30-462B-AD79-ACCCCFEC546D.jpeg
    5047C953-4A30-462B-AD79-ACCCCFEC546D.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 1,032
How would that happen? I thought as long as the prescribed maintenance was performed, they have to honor it. They can't specify that you must use OEM parts unless I'm mistaken. Please correct me if that's wrong.

yeah, that's nice...I meant I didn't even know if it was spec'd for a Mazda.

It*s funny you*re looking for a Toyota Scion / Yaris too? Aye you used to have VW*s like me? ;)

Scion iA in 2016 and Toyota Yaris iA in 2017 ~ 2018 are different from Scion Xb and other Yaris*. For 2019, Toyota Yaris all are Mazda2 from Mexico with different L*LE*XLE trim levels like other Toyota models. The real Toyota made Yaris is gone from US market. iA*s are always the rebadged Mazda2 and many Toyota OEM parts for iA are from Mazda like the oil filter. My new 2018 Yaris iA bought used has only 3,180 miles, but one key fob is missing. A new key fob with push-button start including programming from Toyota dealer would cost me over $500! May be Toyota wants to recoup the cost of buying Mazda computers and equipments for service!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back in July I was looking, found a Yaris at the dealer where I bought my Mazdas, was priced just right. Except the wife didn't like the way it felt so cramped. We eventually found a 2015 Scion XB, was the perfect little car, tons of inside room, felt roomier than the CX5. The only VW I had was my first car, a 1969 Beetle way back in the late 70s.

I changed the oil in my CX yesterday and I have a tip for y'all.

In the past I used a couple of scrap 2x6's that I drove the front tires up onto in order to get a lil more room under the front end. This time I used the RV leveling blocks that I use for my motorhome. Perfect!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

71Qyy4eHCzL._SL1350_.jpg

You must be skinny....I got some ramps for mine. No way I'd fit under it like that.

You must be skinny....I got some ramps for mine. No way I'd fit under it like that.
Like Conrad 16.5, I use a pair of self-made 2-layer 2X8*s which are used for oil change on my 2000 BMW 528i. Others have managed doing the oil change on CX-5 without lifting any height * ;)

I certainly wouldn't call myself skinny but I am in shape, round. lol

The first time I changed the oil I did it without any lift. I was able to do it but with just a lil more clearance that the blocks, or the 2x6's, give me it's a breeze. Ramps work fine but the 'leggo' blocks serve a dual purpose for me and they're easier to store.

Last edited:
It*s funny you*re looking for a Toyota Scion / Yaris too? Aye you used to have VW*s like me? ;)

Scion iA in 2016 and Toyota Yaris iA in 2017 ~ 2018 are different from Scion Xb and other Yaris*. For 2019, Toyota Yaris all are Mazda2 from Mexico with different L*LE*XLE trim levels like other Toyota models. The real Toyota made Yaris is gone from US market. iA*s are always the rebadged Mazda2 and many Toyota OEM parts for iA are from Mazda like the oil filter. My new 2018 Yaris iA bought used has only 3,180 miles, but one key fob is missing. A new key fob with push-button start including programming from Toyota dealer would cost me over $500! May be Toyota wants to recoup the cost of buying Mazda computers and equipments for service!

attachment.php

View attachment 220454

Hey, that's a Mazda remote with Scion badge....and our remotes ares made by Mitsubishi (has their name inside).

Back