Hesitation, bucking under 3/4 throttle.

FlowMSP

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
So I knew i had a bad wastegate, was spiking to 11lbs. Changed it out but still have this other remaining problem. Starting out in 1st gear if i go WOT no issues, but once im in 2nd or 3rd anytime i try to accelerate about 1/2 to 3/4 boost the car bucks and hesitates until i let off. It is building boost fine but the power just isnt transferring. I AM thinking i may have a vacuum leak, boost gauge only shows 4hg at idle. So either the gauge is not working properly or i have a severe vacuum or boost leak somewhere. I made my own boost leak tester, still cant seem to find it. Also changed out any vacuum lines i was able to get to with new ones. I do have a CEL on, downstream o2 sensor, but i think this is due to the non-fouler trick i have not working properly. Any tips? I dont wanna throw random money i dont have at something if its not the problem. Thanks.

is it just like mine did in the following video? (sort of hard to hear but it happens at 6th, 8th & 14th seconds)

http://youtu.be/S_LWLI1v5ys

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S_LWLI1v5ys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

if so, then time for a tune up. Wires plugs and coils. go with the good stuff, NGK wires are a MUST!

Doesnt seem quite like that. Its strange that it only happens under 3/4 throttle and not WOT. Bad weather is stopping me from searching for more leaks/problems lol. Ill pull my plugs to check em though. Coils were replaced maybe 6 months ago, same with wires.

Mine is sounding exactly like that! It's horrible, it spools an sounds ready but soon as I punch it it just bogs and gives out that horrible sound like In your video. What did you do to fix this problem??

Mine is sounding exactly like that! It's horrible, it spools an sounds ready but soon as I punch it it just bogs and gives out that horrible sound like In your video. What did you do to fix this problem??
Spend the money and get GOOD ngk wires! As soon as I did that it was immediately better, still stuttered at very high rpm, so I just bit the bullet and bought good, proper gap copper plugs, and both new coils, and it fixed it.

I'm just gonna go big and buy the plugs wires and coils. Could you pm me what you bought man?? Thanks.

I ended up getting new plugs and gapped at .032. Much much better now. The former issue is gone. Now onto the other 4,230 problems....yet i still love the car lol.

I ended up getting new plugs and gapped at .032. Much much better now. The former issue is gone. Now onto the other 4,230 problems....yet i still love the car lol.

No matter what happens to this car, and how picky it is. When it runs perfect, its a beast and i wouldnt trade it for anything even on those days where i just want to burn it and call insurance lol.

Back