Few stereo questions

mvalpreda

I am looking at getting a CX-5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof package, Technology Package and Sirius. Does anyone know if the Sirius adapter has pause/rewind functionality?

If it does not, I would probably just opt for the CX-5 with Bose/Moonroof (for the upgraded speakers and speaker locations) and install my own stereo. I already have an Alpine INA-W900BT, Sirius, Imprint processor, iPod, Alpine 5 channel amp, sub, etc etc that would come out of my current car. Has anyone connected their own amp to the Bose package? I see here there is just a single amp under the passenger seat. Just wondering if it is easy to tap in to. Plus it looks like it could use a sub. ;) I know it's a waste of the Bluetooth that comes with the car and all that....but you just get used to some things and don't want to live without them!

On another note....my wife and I were VERY impressed with the 2013 CX-5. Looked around at the offerings from Ford, Nissan, Honda, Toyota and Hyundai/Kia and bang for the buck the CX-5 blew them all away. Really looking forward to owning one. Since I don't need a car just yet....I may wait to see what the pricing/specs are on the diesel. That really sounds like a winner.

Last edited:
Don't know about rewind - consider you also loose rear view camera which is useful and safer, ability to have integrated GPS announcements on system - with big sound you will not hear protable GPS announcements, you might like the HD radio. Maybe just tap in for your amp & sub...

The Alpine I have is a 7" navi, does GPS announcements and Bluetooth with A2DP streaming. It also has a rear view camera input. Didn't even think about the rear view camera and see it is standard on the Touring. I bet there is a way to tap into it and then I could add that to my Alpine. HD Radio? PASS! ;) Once you go from 20+ minutes of commercials per hour to no commercials and digital quality sound, you never listen to regular radio again.

More and more that I am reading is that the speakers are probably 2 ohm and really matched to the amp. Take that processing away from the speakers and they stink. If that is the case I'll probably just get the Sport and save the money. I can add a rear view camera myself.

Last edited:
Where are the 6 speakers on the Touring model? I assume low in the front doors, up on the dash and then low in the rear doors?

Back